RegisterDonateLogin

For best taste, drink before 140 ABY.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kazdan Parata. Better to build with rebel or republic? Options
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:19:05 AM
Groups: Member

what are the best builds with him? Does either faction or fringe have anything to offer droids when/if he brings them in?
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:00:05 PM

Republic
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:03:20 PM

you could play fringe Hk-47 gives droids a boost
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:04:49 PM

The Rebel's have more for Droids I think, because of some of the R2/3PO synergies, plus K-3PO
saber1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:20:44 PM

pegolego wrote:
The Rebel's have more for Droids I think, because of some of the R2/3PO synergies, plus K-3PO

This is a good point. However, there is far more initiative manipulation in the Republic. Its a trade off and your design goal(s) will dictate which course will be of more benefit.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:23:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

saber1 wrote:
pegolego wrote:

This is a good point. However, there is far more initiative manipulation in the Republic. Its a trade off and your design goal(s) will dictate which course will be of more benefit.

Also you can't use K-3POs swap so you are paying 20 points for +2 speed on most droids which is arguably good? I guess. I think you are going to get more use in the Republic as Saber1 said for Init Manipulation
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:26:26 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
saber1 wrote:
pegolego wrote:

Also you can't use K-3POs swap so you are paying 20 points for +2 speed on most droids which is arguably good? I guess. I think you are going to get more use in the Republic as Saber1 said for Init Manipulation

1) Why can't I use K-3po's swap?

2) Are there more opportunities for recon with the republic? I'm not too familiar with how the republic has an advantage with initiative.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:33:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

darthbinks1 wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
saber1 wrote:
pegolego wrote:

1) Why can't I use K-3po's swap?

2) You mean like Reeiken for recon?

Droids are not subject to his commander effect, you can swap Kazdan around if you want but no one really uses Rebel Swap.

Rieekan's CE is again wasted on droids, in Rebels R2-D2 with Extended Sensor is your best Recon option.

The Republic has Qui-Gon Force Spirit for Sense the Future, 4 different Anticipation options and Mon Mothma and Palpatine to get even more Reserves. They also have ARF Troopers for cheapo Recon.

Or Lobot CLO who is also a Reserve battery with Recon built in (also probably not the best piece to have out with LOS to an enemy.)
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:40:23 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:46:57 PM

Kazdan is a fun/gimmick/theme piece. Had he more accurately reflected his TFU melee skills he would see more comptetitive play. As is, he is only played for his ability to bring in Droids (which is luck dependent) and offers no synergy for those he does manage to bring in. I'd like to see an vset version who ups the ante.
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:51:46 PM

saber1 wrote:
Kazdan is a fun/gimmick/theme piece. Had he more accurately reflected his TFU melee skills he would see more comptetitive play. As is, he is only played for his ability to bring in Droids (which is luck dependent) and offers no synergy for those he does manage to bring in. I'd like to see an vset version who ups the ante.

Or Pego's version... Wink
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:36:28 PM

I disagree that Kaz is not top tier. Its not because of rolls that he is not top tier. I have never really had a problem with my old Kaz build the problem is that in gambit and MTB really hurt him.

I was like 40-5 in tier 2 games with my kaz build back in the day.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:38:55 PM

--The Attack of ReservesV2--
55 Kazdan Paratus
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
33 Captain Rex
21 Houjix
19 Monnok
15 Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer
12 Gha Nachkt
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid

This was the best Kaz build before Vsets.
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:09:59 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
I disagree that Kaz is not top tier. Its not because of rolls that he is not top tier. I have never really had a problem with my old Kaz build the problem is that in gambit and MTB really hurt him.

I was like 40-5 in tier 2 games with my kaz build back in the day.

You're saying Kazdan Paratus is tier one because he was really good in tier 2? Confused
I don't think that reasoning carries very well, even if you believe his win ratio would be lower in tier 1; squads that can do very well in tier 2 are often completely helpless in tier 1. Even if Kazdan was very good in tier 2, it would be very difficult for him to win against the snowspeeder squads of the day.