RegisterDonateLogin

Our operation is small enough not to be noticed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Reaper Bones Kickstarter 2 Options
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 8:33:57 AM
Groups: Member

I know there are alot of guys on here who like to do customs and may even be involved in some other miniature games which is why I wanted to let people know about a new Kick starter that starts tomorrow Reapermini.com is launching another set of bones minis through kickstarter. their last kickstarter you could get about 240 minis for less than 100 dollars! these are unpainted plastic miniatures and are the same scale as SWM. Some of their troopers make great mandos or anyone with a gun really and their warriors swords can be replace with acrylic rods to make awesome jedi and sith if you have a moment and a few extra bucks shoot over to reapermini.com and check out what they offer. more than that join the craziness tomorrow morning when the kickstarter begins. Kickstarter is the same thing that JC is using to fund his new map pack.
Azrikel
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:04:43 AM

pastorbudwine@mac.com wrote:
... these are unpainted plastic miniatures and are the same scale as SWM. Some of their troopers make great mandos or anyone with a gun really and their warriors swords can be replace with acrylic rods to make awesome jedi and sith .......

I saw this kickstarter launched yesterday and is already having spectacular results at over $800k pledged in about 24hrs. Are these in fact the exact same scale as the SWM line? For some reason I thought they were actually 25-28mm so I didn't participate in the 1st Bones event a few months back due to the scale difference. If they are the same scale, they are definitely a great value for custom fodder and I will have to consider.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:30:33 PM

Having done the first one, I jumped at the chance for this one. They only arrived about a month ago. I can't wait to start painting them.
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 2:41:46 PM

they are pretty darn close. I have held my swm pieces up to my bones and they are pretty close if not the same scale. they are not as small as the old line of star wars miniatures that west coast games did that are pretty spot on. I read an article where reaper calls them heroic 25mm because of the debate as to how to measure minis. they measure just the mini which comes to 25mm however i think Wizards measured from the bottom of the base to the top of the mini which comes to 28mm so that are almost the same to close to call really
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:25:06 AM

I wanted to bump this back up to the top. With only three days left we could really use all help we can get to unlock some awesome minis

here goes the link to the kick starter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones