RegisterDonateLogin

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Two close games. Options
pegolego
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 12:21:43 PM
Groups: Member

My friend down the street is a star wars nut and has a ton of minis and recently got me into [the game]. Now [I think] I know more about the game than him.

Anyway, I've played 3 games against him. One was a 100 point game where he was kinda tutoring me (not that I had already read the manual from cover to cover and played a game against his kids, which I nearly won after he took pity on me and gave me a huge reinforcement LOL).

Now, the next game was a 200 point game, and his son (who shall be marked as Cursing from now on for the purposes of this thread) was playing too. [The friend] (ThumpUp) was the Mand[os] (Swordsmen and Supercommandos mostly), I (Wub) was the Seps (ThumbsUp) led by Grievous, Dooku and Maul, and Cursing was Sith, with Darth Bane (who scared Wub at first, but Wub beat him with Maul's quadruple attack Laugh).

Anyway, after a break (ThumpUp Wub Cursing and some other people had fireworks, 5th of july) [we] got down to it. Cursing got kicked out first. Then, ThumpUp had a Mand[o] swordsman and two other Mand[os] left, and Wub had my Wheel Bike and Maul (CotS BTW) left. ThumpUp [won initiative]. ThumpUp killed my very weakened Maul, and damaged my Wheel Bike. Then Wub killed one of ThumpUp's Mand[os], and damaged another one. So here Wub and ThumpUp are, Wub has Wub's Wheel Bike with cover, ThumpUp has swordman by the turbolift to take him to Wub's Wheel Bike (we were playing where the Turbolifts ACTUALLY turbolift lol), and the other Mand[o] on a balcony across the arena (Wub ThumpUp Cursing were playing on the arena map from [Episode] II).

ThumpUp won initiative by 1. If Wub could survive, Wub could probably with Wheel Bikes 18 movement get away from the Swordman [and kill] ThumpUp's other Mand[o]. [Thumbup] with the mandie shot at my Wheel Bike. ThumpUp needed 12 or better. ThumpUp rolled, ThumpUp's dice rolled, ThumpUp's dice stopped, ThumpUp and Wub (that's me! ThumbsUp) looked at ThumpUp's dice, the dice read 12. That with the Mand[os] Attack rating equaled EXACTLY the number of Wheel Bikes defense, and [ties are hits], so Wub loses Smile RollEyes Meh OMG Mellow Sad Crying ThumbDown Glare Mad Angry Cursing Bomb No Bloo Milk].

The second game, was just between ThumpUp and Wub, and it was a 250 point game. It all came down to (again) Wub's Wheel Bike, and ThumpUp's Boba Fett (which ThumpUp [had] won on ebay for 30 dollars). Wub won initiative, and used double attack, the first shot missing, the second hitting by only like 2 or 3 and doing exactly enough damage to win. Huh Blink Confused OMG New Sleep Wink Smile Tongue Cool BigGrin ThumbsUp Woot LOL Flapper Drool Wub Heart BlooMilk *SIGH OF CONTENTMENT*. Tomorrow, Wub [is] gonna try to talk ThumpUp into playing like a 4 or 500 point game. Anyone else have a similar story? Thanks for reading, Wub (pegolego).

P.S.: Gotta love the progressing moods, lol ([these emoticons are awesome!].
qvos
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 12:28:35 PM

I love the games that come down to one figure to one figure. when it comes down to init, and whoever wins init will win the game. Gotta love it. Welcome to the forums by the way!
DarthElijah
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:59:15 AM

init ftw
pegolego
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 7:57:24 PM

Hey, lol. 2 years later, thanks for the welcome qvos! Lol DE. BTW, my spelling and punctuation (and the fact that none of the faces are working in this post...) is ATROCIOUS here! I'll have to clean it up now lol.
pegolego
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:14:15 PM

Lots of cleanups and edits (phew!), and all emos fixed. This was pretty much my first SWM experience.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:29:19 PM

You are so legendary for fixing errors from 2 years ago. That was a fun post!
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:22:20 AM

Darth O wrote:
You are so legendary for fixing errors from 2 years ago. That was a fun post!

Thanks, lol. And the square brackets are just where I ADDED text to make it more understandable. Not even where I corrected the horrible spelling from the rush, and had to add brackets around EVERY emoticon, and correct mixup's/improper punctuation etc.