RegisterDonateLogin

Your father wanted you to have Bloo Milk when you were old enough.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Luke and Leia on Speeder Options
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:42:59 PM
Groups: Member

This piece hasn't been talked about much, but looking at it again, I think it's at least worthy of some discussion:

There is a comment about giving it Jon Dutch Vander's CE, via Biggs, but I'm thinking this doesn't work, since Biggs' card says:
Camaraderie (An ally whose name contains Luke Skywalker gains Pilot)

The obvious synergy for it is Crix Madine's CE - giving it cunning + 20 makes it really nasty. As well, it's probably worth giving it evade - either Rieekan or Han Rebel General. You could get some brutal damage out of it by strafing 12, shooting something, then getting a shot from a Bothan Noble - you could easily drop 120 on one piece, as well as 12 squares of Strafe.

Has anyone tried it - it seems pretty solid, especially if people are running Daala all over the place. Worst thing about it is that it precludes you from running other solid Lukes and Leias, but I think you could get a pretty solid squad out of it, even if it's not Tier 1. A non melee strafer (ie no Djem So), with high hit points, a large base (rather than the Basilisk with Huge), and solid stats seems strong - we haven't really seen a piece like it before. I'm thinking about something like this, although I'm limited by having an extremely small Rebel collection.

Quote:
--Luke and Leia's Speeder--
55 Luke and Leia on Speeder
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
27 Lobot
23 Chewbacca, Fearless Scout
16 Elite Rebel Commando
16 General Crix Madine
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
harryg
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:21:20 PM

What is the big deal about Chewie fearless? am I missing something?
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:30:13 PM

harryg wrote:
What is the big deal about Chewie fearless? am I missing something?

Han gives him bodyguard and evade, so if you're using Luke, Leia, and Han he kind of makes sense - and he's the only Chewbacca I have; I do like the Speeder having a 110hp bodyguard. I'm sure there are better Luke and Leia Speeder squads out there though - I was just putting spme of my ideas out there, rather than assuming that's the be all and end all squad for them.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:35:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The speeder will likely move too quickly to bodyguarded effectively. Although I guess it would prevent an early strike. Chewie FS has a LOT of HP for his cost, plus Stealth.