RegisterDonateLogin

Choosy Jedi choose Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GameHoleCon Nov 1-3 in Madison, WI Options
Galactic Funk
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 9:41:16 PM
Groups: Member

Mando wrote:
Any word yet as to how many people are going to attend? I wonder if it will excede the Wisconsin Regional turnout that we had this year....that'd be awesome!

Hard to say. We did have life get in the way for a handful of people that originally planned to make the trip. That being said we have some great people here and are going to have a good time no matter how many we end up with.

X-wing just finished up and I'm sitting in the bar enjoying a well earned beer (or two). We ended up with several walk ups which was really nice. There's a chance we end up getting some walk ups for SWM also.

SWM 200 starts at 1:30pm so there is plenty of time to make the trip if anyone is coming from somewhere in WI, IL, IA, etc.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2013 4:17:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My information is that urbanjedi won the 200 point SWM tournament, playing a variant of Talon's Hat Trick. I believe he traded Todo and a mouse droid for Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal.

EDIT: I had a link to the squad in this post, but it wasn't directing properly. Sorry!
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2013 4:54:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I sadly couldn't have made it, because there was a bunch of stuff I needed to do Fri and Sat.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:17:12 PM

Sithborg wrote:
I sadly couldn't have made it, because there was a bunch of stuff I needed to do Fri and Sat.

Maybe next year man. It would be great to finally meet you.

And yes urbanjedi was the champ with Mando finishing 2nd.
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:42:32 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
My information is that urbanjedi won the 200 point SWM tournament, playing a variant of Talon's Hat Trick.

Are you gloating that you built another tournament winning team? Laugh Seriously, though, I knew we were in trouble when I heard you built it and Jason would be playing it. That's a tough combo.
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2013 6:50:22 AM

X-Wing results:
Shawn: 9 pts. (3-1)
Eric: 8 pts. (3-1)
Jason: 6 pts. (2-2)
Justin: 6 pts. (2-2)
Aaron: 3 pts. (1-3)
Hans: 3 pts. (1-3)

SWMinis Tournament results:
Jason: 12 pts. (4-0)
Trevor: 8 pts. (3-1)
Tim: 6 pts. (2-2)
Eric: 6 pts. (2-2)
Shawn: 5 pts. (2-2)
Mark: 5 pts. (2-2)
Taylor: 3 pts. (1-3)

Tile Wars results:
Taylor is the GameHoleCon Tile Wars champion! Great job with a strong team and some stiff competition.

Thanks to everyone for attending and playing. It was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new people. It was a good first GHC and we look forward to next year as it grows and we'll have a mix of SWM, X-Wing, and Attack Wing.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 9:07:44 AM

Congrats Jason, Shawn and Taylor. Love to see squads.
Mando
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 1:19:50 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Taylor (my brother) ran the following tile wars squad:

--Immortality Wars--
100 Luke Skywalker, Master of the Order
33 Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight
30 Vergere
25 Tekli
5 Salacious Crumb
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 7 activations)

The final matchup of the tourney to determine the Tile Wars champ was Taylors squad versus Mark's squad which (to the best of my memory) consisted of the following:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Spacetrooper x2
Garindan
Desann
Reborn Shadow Trooper x2
and filler

Taylors squad went undefeated and so did Marks up to that point, so it was an intense matchup and in the end the insane healing (Augment healing made Vergere heal for 40!) and vast amount HP that Luke bodyguards soaked up won the day for the NR.

Mando
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 3:50:55 PM

Here are some pictures of the tournament at Gamehole Con. Major thanks to Mark, Shawn and Tim for hosting this and getting everything together to make this happen.

Here is just a picture of the room where our star wars event at the convention was held. There were lots of games going on around us, but that didn't distract us from playing the game we all love.

We are all getting ready to start. Starting from left to right we have Shawn (GalacticFunk), Tim (Chargers), Jason (Urbanjedi), Eric (engineer), and my brother Taylor (who doesn't have an bloomilk account).

Mark (PhilNLil) and Eric (engineer) prepare to face off against each other.

Next is a picture of my match against Jason (Urbanjedi) and his Talon Karrde squad. The battle was fierce and it was a close game. Jason got the 3 point win and handed me my only loss for the day. Great game and well played by Jason!

Next up is a picture of the match between Taylor and Tim (Chargers). Mace rolled 4 crits in one turn! It was an amazingly powerful squad that Tim put together!

Here is a group photo of all of us after the 200pt swiss tournament. Starting from the top left to right is Taylor, Trevor (Mando), Eric (Engineer), Jason (Urbanjedi) and Mark (PhilNLil). Starting from the bottom left to right is Shawn (GalacticFunk) and Tim (Chargers)

Here is a picture of the Tile Wars tournament final matchup between Mark (PhilNLil) and Taylor towards the end of the bloodbath.

Shockfett
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 5:13:12 PM

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 5:26:12 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

The squad I ran in the tournament that I went 3-1 with and came in second place is the following:

--Galactic Hero's--
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
34 Jedi Master K'Kruhk
31 Kyle Katarn
29 Ganner Rhysode
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
18 Jan Ors
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

The squad did very well and K'kruhk's leaping assault is a great way to get around the Ysalmiri force bubbles that i faced in all but 1 game.

At the tournament we had 4 Talon Karde squads, 2 New Republic squads and 1 Republic squad. I don't know exactly what everyone elses squad had, but i'll try and post the essential pieces latter that i can remeber from each persons squad (unless all the other guys post their squads on this forum).
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:53:01 AM

The Republic brought:

Mace, LotLS
Commander Ahsoka
Padme Amidala, Senator
Mas Amedda
Captain Panaka
Captain Rex
R2 Astromech
Klatooinian Assassin
Ugnaught

The thought was to tow or swap Mace in, let him hit/crit/Flurry and Rolling Cleave. Padme gives Mace an immediate attack to try again. Rex and the Klat take shots where they can.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:52:02 AM

Shawn / GalacticFunk brought a squad built by David Weeks:

48 Luke GH
48 new Kyp
29 Ganner
28 Dash
11 Ossus Protector
10 Jagged
9 Dodonna
8 R7
9 Uggie X 3

Shawn will add his thoughts later (something about work getting in the way of play).
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:45:48 PM

Taylor brought the following squad to the tournament:

--Lady Deathstrikes--
51 Celeste Morne
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
27 Lobot
26 Mara Jade, Smuggler
25 Rakghoul Warrior
5 Caamasi Noble
3 Mouse Droid

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 13 Czerka Scientist
(Lobot) 3 Mouse Droid
(Lobot) 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

philn1i1
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:45:14 PM

Mando wrote:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Spacetrooper x2
Garindan
Desann
Reborn Shadow Trooper x2
and filler

Taylors squad went undefeated and so did Marks up to that point, so it was an intense matchup and in the end the insane healing (Augment healing made Vergere heal for 40!) and vast amount HP that Luke bodyguards soaked up won the day for the NR.

This is correct for my Tile Wars squad. The filler was actually Mas. The original intent was to obviously rush my opponent with a Reborn and then swap out for Desann. In reality, I never got a chance to rush…my opponents all came to me and had to deal with Thrawn's Force Bubble. In Tile Wars, the bubble really feels smaller and caused a few headaches along the way. It was nice to have both of my Spacetroopers firing from the bubble with no chance to use Force on rerolls to evade or save against their missiles!

In the final match, the telling moment was when I fired at Luke with a Spacetrooper, combined with Garindan and Thrawn so that I only needed a 3…and I rolled a 1. Game over!

My tournament squad was:
54 Cad Bane
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
27 [26] Mara Jade, Smuggler
27 Lobot
24 Klatooinian Assassin x2
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
16 R7 Astromech Droid x2
5 Salacious Crumb

This is a squad I want to work on a little more. I just couldn't get in a position to use Mara at her full potential and that hurt me in both of my losses.