RegisterDonateLogin

+1 on the GTL.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sith Tele-swapping? Options
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:07:12 AM
Groups: Member

Hey guys I was just looking at Darth Sidious, Sith Master and trying to come up with an effective swap squad with him any ideas?
Here are some allies I looked at for swapping:
Darth Wyyrlok III, obviously
Darth Revan, Sith Lord, for some double swapping. Expensive combo at 139 with Darth Wyyrlok III.
Kel Dor Bounty Hunter, to swap in so they must take an AoO or get hit with Self Destruct.
Klat Assassin for the same reason as above^
Lord Kaan, to swap him in for Thought Bomb.
Sith Acolyte to swap in with Repulse 3 and to get Lightsaber/ Bravado bonus'

Any other suggestions?
saber1
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:27:58 AM

The problem with this Sid is he just isn't worth it IMHO. The CE is great, but spending 57 points for a great CE and a very underpowered Melee piece just doesn't leave enough room for more powerful pieces. It looks like you are already discovering this. Sorry, this isn't much help.
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:06:32 AM

saber1 wrote:
The problem with this Sid is he just isn't worth it IMHO. The CE is great, but spending 57 points for a great CE and a very underpowered Melee piece just doesn't leave enough room for more powerful pieces. It looks like you are already discovering this. Sorry, this isn't much help.

Well thanks for confirming my suspicions. If only Sid costed less he could maybe get some play, but right now it looks like the cost isn't feasible to work out.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:09:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think he could easily be worth his points if there were a good Sith target for Pawn of the Dark Side. Pawn and swap are two of the most powerful movement breakers and he has both. As a melee piece, he isn't powerful enough to be a main beatstick but he is strong enough for his cost... if there were a good target to Pawn. Imagine, for a second, if there were a Lancer you could Pawn and then swap at the end. Ugh - no, don't. Too painful.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:34:23 AM

Plus Wyyrlok costs an extra 20 points as well, so that's nearly half your squad at 200 points. It might be workable for Epics though.

Generally swap also works better when you can outactivate the opponent through tempo control (Imperials have Ozzel) or by taking down some activations quickly (Republic have Yobuck). I think even if you gave Sith a straight 20 point swapper like K-3PO or Panaka, it wouldn't be enough to be a competitive option.

Revan Sith Lord just works much better, as he can do everything in one phase at the start of the round - he can attack, swap someone else in, then they can attack too, plus it's reasonably easy to make it work with a Mouse, so you don't need to drop 20 points on Wyyrlok. Revan/Maul Sith Infiltrator or Revan/Kaan is really fun.
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:46:14 PM

good points Thehutts, I was thinking that since the Sith just got Tele-swapping as an option recently (with Wyyrloks release) that i'd give it a go. Revan is a much better option though his is more limited since you HAVE to swap him out. But it works so much better/easier. Mainly I was trying to get the Sith some mobility. I figured with all these higher costing characters a swap squad would be nice... If there was a 20 point option in the Sith I'm sure I would get something to work Wink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:54:00 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Deathwielded wrote:
good points Thehutts, I was thinking that since the Sith just got Tele-swapping as an option recently (with Wyyrloks release) that i'd give it a go. Revan is a much better option though his is more limited since you HAVE to swap him out. But it works so much better/easier. Mainly I was trying to get the Sith some mobility. I figured with all these higher costing characters a swap squad would be nice... If there was a 20 point option in the Sith I'm sure I would get something to work Wink

With Revan, you only need a Mouse Droid to swap someone across the board and we've been doing that since Vset 1.