RegisterDonateLogin

I ain't seen one of these websites since I was prospecting on Subterrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Talk About Ghetto!! Options
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 12:26:09 PM
Groups: Member

i was watching this video on youtube and found out some interesting facts...:

-Luke's lightsaber (and Vader's) were made from the rod of the flashpan of an old camera!!
-Obi's lightsaber was made from KITCHEN SINK PARTS and a HAND GRENADE!
-Stormies' guns were slightly modified old german machine guns!

I dont know about you guys, but this is news to me lol...talk about low Budget movies!! (BTW lukes original lightsaber costs around 1000 dollars on ebay)

heres the link:
The REAL Lightsaber
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:49:29 AM

I don't know how slightly modified German machine guns are ghetto...sounds pretty awesome to me
ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:05:49 AM

Actually it was the British-made Sterling L2A3 sub-machine gun, but Han's DL-44 was made from a German Mauser pistol.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:10:46 AM

ARCTrooper-A79 wrote:
Actually it was the British-made Sterling L2A3 sub-machine gun, but Han's DL-44 was made from a German Mauser pistol.

Crying Ahhhhh, you beat me to it ARC Trooper. BigGrin I had heard about that in a behind the scenes show on Spike. ThumpUp Thought that was a cool little known fact. I'm kind of a military history buff.
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:33:38 AM

@ luke hates thrawn: i meant by ghetto that the movie was a such a low budget movie they didnt have enough money to custom make one of the most famous guns known in movies. Blink BigGrin i think that's hilarious

though i must say that the hand-grenade part of obi's ligtsaber in episode IV is pretty cool...i mean, if obi has no choice, just chuck his lightsaber and BOOM! LOL
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:52:07 AM

I was excited when they were talking about how Luke's lightsaber was just a camera part, and figured I could pick it up online for cheap, but $1,000 certainly does not qualify as cheap, lol. I think I'll be going the sink drain route, a la Obi-Wan. =P
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:24:53 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
I was excited when they were talking about how Luke's lightsaber was just a camera part, and figured I could pick it up online for cheap, but $1,000 certainly does not qualify as cheap, lol. I think I'll be going the sink drain route, a la Obi-Wan. =P

ah, but where will you get the hand-grenade to make the hilt? Flapper

theres a bunch of garage sales near where i live...with lots of antique stuff...lets hope for old camera parts...Drool
qvos
Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:00:29 PM

I actually had the camera rod and flash rod that was very similar to the one Lucas used. I was working on a house and saw it in the trash. this was almost 10 years ago. Like a dummy , I gave it to my buddy who was really into Star Wars. He said he wanted to make the lightsaber like the original. I liked SW at the time but wasn't into collecting. WHAT A DUMMY! It's sitten up in his attic collecting dust. I swear i feel like being an Indian giver and asking for it back. It's really awesome looking. I will take pictures of it if I get the Guts to ask for it back!
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:18:42 AM

qvos wrote:
I actually had the camera rod and flash rod that was very similar to the one Lucas used. I was working on a house and saw it in the trash. this was almost 10 years ago. Like a dummy , I gave it to my buddy who was really into Star Wars. He said he wanted to make the lightsaber like the original. I liked SW at the time but wasn't into collecting. WHAT A DUMMY! It's sitten up in his attic collecting dust. I swear i feel like being an Indian giver and asking for it back. It's really awesome looking. I will take pictures of it if I get the Guts to ask for it back!

lol thats pretty funny (sorry though lol)...if i ever find a camera/flash rod at a garage sale...Woot
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:14:07 PM

ARCTrooper-A79 wrote:

The OP wasn't entirely wrong though. The T-21 Light Repeating Blaster is in fact a modified German MG-34. Also, I'm not sure, but I think the E-WEB blaster is a modified MG-42, but don't quote me on that.
qvos
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 8:22:38 AM

creme_brule wrote:
qvos wrote:

lol thats pretty funny (sorry though lol)...if i ever find a camera/flash rod at a garage sale...Woot

He's on vacation...I'm watchin the House.... Maybe I don't need to ask.HAHAha
Durge Dude
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 3:10:01 AM

ARCTrooper-A79 wrote:

I recognized the Mauser as soon as I saw it, all they did was put a cap on the barrel and didnt put a magazine in it.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 5:29:32 AM

qvos wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
qvos wrote:

He's on vacation...I'm watchin the House.... Maybe I don't need to ask.HAHAha

lol you gotta take pics of that lightsaber...
defender390
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:50:02 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
ARCTrooper-A79 wrote:

The OP wasn't entirely wrong though. The T-21 Light Repeating Blaster is in fact a modified German MG-34. Also, I'm not sure, but I think the E-WEB blaster is a modified MG-42, but don't quote me on that.

The MG34 and the MG42 are aesthetically the same thing. I don't believe the E-Web was specifically based on anything.
defender390
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:52:36 AM

creme_brule wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

ah, but where will you get the hand-grenade to make the hilt? Flapper

theres a bunch of garage sales near where i live...with lots of antique stuff...lets hope for old camera parts...Drool

You might be able to find a deactivated one at a surplus store. I live near a base, so I can get a whole bunch of cool stuff. I actually know an Ex-IDF guy that has a cell phone jammer for sale.
cin10dy
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:26:27 PM

defender390 wrote:
[quote=creme_brule]
You might be able to find a deactivated one at a surplus store. I live near a base, so I can get a whole bunch of cool stuff. I actually know an Ex-IDF guy that has a cell phone jammer for sale.

Agree with the jamming device idea. The gadget can actually be practical if used properly.

www jammerfromchina .com /categories/Remote_Control_Jammers/ rf signal jammer

mod edit: very odd thread necro... broke up link, locking thread