RegisterDonateLogin

I can't believe it's not bantha!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What is the best squad build using General Aayla Secura? Options
darthbinks1
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2013 4:44:29 PM
Groups: Member

Using her as the center to build around, what is the best squads at 150 or 200? I assume Captain Rex and Mas Ameda as a starter because he gives GMA to use the extra attack to its fullest extent, but after him I'm lost.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2013 5:00:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I used to use her with the Republic Commandos that wasn't too bad. Clone on Gelagrub is nice since the attack isn't horrible, it has 30 base damage, and can take a few hits. You could also probably do Elite Clones and Galactic Marines for super double shooting super stealth GMAers. And Yularen helps out a bit as well. She can help make some decent casual squads, though I have not played them in a long time. I've just never really gotten most clone squads to work very well since they tend to be expensive with very specific and limited boosts.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2013 5:24:42 PM

I don't think any of the Clones (Rex aside) are good enough to make solid squads with, for the most part. Without v-sets, I think the best two Clones are:
Clone Trooper with Repeating Blaster
Republic Commando - Sev

And neither synergise very well with Aayla/Rex, since Sevs have Deadeye (anti-synergy with GMA) and Repeating Blasters don't synergise with Aayla.

There's a huge disparity between good WOTC pieces and bad ones, and most Clones are on the wrong side. You can get much more damage out of a Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo squad in Imperials, if you want a swarm of uber-shooters.
darthbinks1
Posted: Monday, December 9, 2013 5:47:03 PM

Yah, I don't use v-set. I think I might be the only one on bloom ilk ;) I think your'e right. I love using some of the big beat sticks (shaak ti and mace for examples with yoga's +3, +3,) but I'm having trouble making a good clone army squad.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:37:42 AM

I suppose you could do something like this:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/136064/general-aayla-squad---for-darthbinks1

--General Aayla squad - for darthbinks1--
50 General Aayla Secura
33 Captain Rex
21 Admiral Yularen
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
72 501st Legion Clone Trooper x9
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 16 activations)

Like the Hutts said, Clones just aren't very strong but if you want to use General Aayla I suppose you could do something like this. Rex is a strong shooter which is a plus and his CE has good synergy w/ Aayla's. Add Mas to make Rex's CE work w/ ease. Doombot is required in all Republic squads because he is Doombot. Add 501st Legion Clone's because they are the cheapest and they have Squad Assault. Add Yularen to give your Clone's Opportunist.

With GMA, Double, Opportunist, and Squad Assault the 501st top out at a 13 attack and can each do 60 damage per round. You have to position them well so they don't die immediately. Plus you will have some really bad matchups. Kybuck would decimate your squad in round 1 or 2.