RegisterDonateLogin

Recommends never trying to milk a rancor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEIA PREVIEW Options
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:00:14 AM
Groups: Member

Wow, that Leia is AWESOME!

Her stats and CE alone would be worth her points for the NR, but then she has Force Sense and LS Throw 2 AND Force Absorb!!

She blows Depa Bilaba out of the water (I know they are in different factions) and is cheaper.

That is a strong addition for the NR faction.

I know that there is some discussion about the NR being the best and it's making some people mad, but I fail to understand how a faction of 30 minis (that makes the most out of those 30) is any better than the Republic faction that has 111 figures. This game is all about different strokes for different folks and it always comes down to who plays what they field better, not by who has the most expensive (points and $ wise) minis on the board.

GO NR!!!!!!!
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:51:20 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
Wow, that Leia is AWESOME!

Her stats and CE alone would be worth her points for the NR, but then she has Force Sense and LS Throw 2 AND Force Absorb!!

She blows Depa Bilaba out of the water (I know they are in different factions) and is cheaper.

That is a strong addition for the NR faction.

I know that there is some discussion about the NR being the best and it's making some people mad, but I fail to understand how a faction of 30 minis (that makes the most out of those 30) is any better than the Republic faction that has 111 figures. This game is all about different strokes for different folks and it always comes down to who plays what they field better, not by who has the most expensive (points and $ wise) minis on the board.

GO NR!!!!!!!

Well put.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:16:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Put her with people with evade and a mouse droid and NR just got twice as hard to kill. I wanna put her with her husband for his evade. that and the younger cade will be worth putting with her.
homestar45
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:47:48 PM

Just when I thought wizard couldn't get any dumber they go and do this...............And totally redeem themselves!!!! Lol. All I've got to say is I was excited when I saw there was a jedi Leia in Legacy, until of course I saw the stats, so I was obviously worried when I saw they were trying their hand at another one, and then even more worried when I saw she was going to be 25 pts. I'm sorry wizards! I'll never doubt you again. Wait scratch that. I'm still not sure about galaxy at war.
rbrown
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:25:11 PM

Pretty cool.I love the HK-50 assasin droidThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
I think the Leia should be worth more points though.Blink Blink Blink
sharron
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:56:33 AM

homestar45 wrote:
Just when I thought wizard couldn't get any dumber they go and do this...............And totally redeem themselves!!!! Lol. All I've got to say is I was excited when I saw there was a jedi Leia in Legacy, until of course I saw the stats, so I was obviously worried when I saw they were trying their hand at another one, and then even more worried when I saw she was going to be 25 pts. I'm sorry wizards! I'll never doubt you again. Wait scratch that. I'm still not sure about galaxy at war.

you just totally quoted dumb n dumber!! yes boy!!!! woop woop!!!
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:50:54 PM

sharron wrote:
homestar45 wrote:

you just totally quoted dumb n dumber!! yes boy!!!! woop woop!!!

Yeah I remember that part of the movie, we need more quotes from Monty Pithon and Ace Ventura, and Napolian Dinomite and Hot Shots, ETC.

dalsiandon
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:14:48 AM

I like this new Leia a lot. She is inexpenisve and provides some great boosts to the NR. She is cheap enough that her allies can actually be utilized in a support roll so some of the beef cakes can actually benefit and not just scrubs and fodder.

I look forward to using her.

joelker41 wrote:

Uh...for the record CS Mace, original General Kenobi, and original Wedge weren't that bad.

General Kenobi saw a lot of play back in the day, his stats to this day are solid for 36 points, so is his underrated CE.

And Clone Strike Windu is still one of the premiere "I don't wanna get next to him" pieces for his cost. 15% crits, he's a follower, and his stats are ridiculously awesome.

Sorry...had to defend Mace and General Obi there...Wink

No kidding. Considering how few pieces from Clone Strike have held up those are 2 of the best. I'd say Aurra, Sidious, Yoda, Mace, Kenobi, and hum.. there are a couple of others but those are probably the top figs from the set today.
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:22:41 AM

wedges new bff
homestar45
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:14:43 AM

@Sharron and Awesome

Yeah that was totally dumb and dumber. I love that movie! And yes awesome, we do need more Napoleon dynamite quotes. Maybe we should make squads named after things in the movie. I call Sledgehammer! Yes!
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:16:36 AM

Pedro Offers you his Protection.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 1:01:47 AM

So I am reading Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, which is not bad btw, and on page 238 the main villain calls Leia............drum roll please...... Princess Leia Skywalker!!!!!!

I know it may be the ONLY time she was ever called that, but I thought it funny that after such anger and outrage that I stumbled upon the one time that the minis name is validated.

I guess we can't complain anymore.