RegisterDonateLogin

Before the dark times...before the Empire.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Grand Moff Tarkin Options
kfc's waiting for you
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:26:12 PM
Groups: Member

with Grand Moff Tarkin's CE, does that mean you can activate 1, 2 or 3 characters or just 2 or 3?
awesome
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:06:43 AM

Yes, you can activate 1,2 or 3 in a phase just make sure that no one with accurate shot can see him, because he dies very easy
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:21:18 AM

He has 14 defense, use a Corporate All. Tank Droid and don't move. Bye Tarkin!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:22:53 AM

Awesome has a correct ruling.

I have been a fan of this piece for a long time, and I have found that the best way to defend him is to put an ImpDig right in front of him. He still has line of sight to the enemy, but they can't shoot him now.
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:28:58 AM

Unless the person has Acurate(If it's Boba, you are dead).
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:49:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

mercenary_moose wrote:

I have been a fan of this piece for a long time, and I have found that the best way to defend him is to put an ImpDig right in front of him. He still has line of sight to the enemy, but they can't shoot him now.

Incorrect. Tarkin would have cover, but the Dignitary would not be the closest figure (see Diplomat). If it was just Tarkin and the Dignitary, he would still be a legal target.
awesome
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:21:58 AM

Sithborg wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

Incorrect. Tarkin would have cover, but the Dignitary would not be the closest figure (see Diplomat). If it was just Tarkin and the Dignitary, he would still be a legal target.

Yes , which is why I said "make sure they dont have accurate shot"
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:33:35 AM

awesome wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

No what Sithborg is saying that Tarkin would be the legal target because the Imp Dig is not a legal target. There would be no need for an accurate shooter unless you had several figs closer so they would be the legal targets. But if the setup is like this:

Shooter.............................................. Imp DIg..... Tarkin

And nothing else is visible then Tarkin would be the only legal target and thus no need for accurate.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:33:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Which is only true if there is a figure closer than Tarkin. My reading of moose's statement missed that key detail. A Diplomat is only walking cover, not a fig that is a shield to protect your fragile figs.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 12:19:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rodian BSV could help against Accurates...but that's 24pts.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 1:54:04 AM

dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

No what Sithborg is saying that Tarkin would be the legal target because the Imp Dig is not a legal target. There would be no need for an accurate shooter unless you had several figs closer so they would be the legal targets. But if the setup is like this:

Shooter.............................................. Imp DIg..... Tarkin

And nothing else is visible then Tarkin would be the only legal target and thus no need for accurate.

I know this but in the beginning no one brought up the dignitary so I was saying make sure they dont have accurate shot, thinking there would be more than just tarkin,and a dignitary, besides why would tarkin want to be seen if there are only 2 to activate anyways?