RegisterDonateLogin

Occassionally maybe thinks you're all right...when you aren't acting like a scoundrel.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

3rd Annual LBB tournament Options
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:30:13 AM
Groups: Member

Prepare yourself for the 3rd Annual LBB Tournament at Kryptonite Kollectibles. It should be a fun afternoon with some great prizes to add to your collection. Here are the specifics, so mark it on your calendar and we’ll see you there!

When: Saturday, January 11
Time: register at 12:30pm, play runs 1:00 pm – 6 pm
Format: 200 point squads, normal build rules
Bring a map (just like you did for Regionals); we’ll follow the Open map list so you’ve got a lot to choose from
We’ll also follow the SWMGPA/DCI scoring system, time limits, etc like a Regional
Four * one hour rounds
Entry Fee: $15
Prizes: we’ll have a variety of boosters and other prizes

All the fun of a Regional, but the lower stress and higher frivolity of a Friday night.

Did we say fun? Remember, this isn’t meant to be ultra-competitive, so you can leave your GenCon team at home. :>)
Chargers
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 5:15:01 PM

Getting prizes ordered (some boosters as the kids like those and some other Star Wars stuff) ...

Anyone travelling to join us or will the 12 of us have our own fun time? Flapper
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:27:21 AM

Unfortunately I can't make it.

Have fun!
harryg
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2014 9:16:46 PM

I might be able to go. Two Questions: 1) will pieces from Armed and Operational/Invasion be legal and 2) can someone put a copy of the Open Map List somewhere. I deleted my bookmark of it
Chargers
Posted: Monday, January 6, 2014 9:38:15 AM

Ummm, the next v-set won't be out for some weeks yet. This tournament is in 6 days. So, that sounds like a no.

The Open map list (and many other useful rules links) are here:
http://www.bloomilk.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1090

Hope to see you there, Harry.
pegolego
Posted: Monday, January 6, 2014 9:41:18 AM

What state is this in? My guess is NOT Tennesse? Sad
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:34:38 AM

No, but we're only 8 hours away from you in Janesville, Wisconsin. Feel free to load up the car with SWM players and make the road trip. BigGrin

Chargers
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:21:12 PM

Another fun day of playing minis. ThumbsUp

We had a variety of thematic, fun, interesting, and yet (although not top tier) competitive squads.

In alphabetical order of the highest point fig on each team:
Admiral Daala at 27 points leading a squad of 13 figs
Admiral Daala at 27 points leading a squad of 24 figs
Alto Stratus at 34 points leading a squad of 11 figs
Boba Merc Comm at 57 points leading a squad of 9 figures
Lord Krayt at 114 points leading a squad of 4 figs
Mandalore the Ressurector at 38 points leading a squad of 11 figures
Null ARC Trooper Captain Ordo at 34 points leading a squad of 12 figures
Prefect Degara at 37 points leading a squad of 17 figures

The final standings:
1) Mark: 11 pts. (4-0)
2) Logan1: 9 pts. (3-1)
3) Shawn: 8 pts. (3-1)
4) Tim: 6 pts. (2-2)
5) Owen: 6 pts. (2-2)
6) Micah: 3 pts. (1-3)
7) Lydia: 3 pts. (1-3)
8) Logan 2: 0 pts. (0-4)

The singing of Happy Birthday would not have gotten the group on American Idol.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:41:14 PM

Cool - which squad won? I look forward to seeing more details.
philn1i1
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:42:04 PM

Swarmtroopers

27 Admiral Daala
26 Ysanne Isard
23 Reborn Shadowtrooper x2
16 [15] Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
5 [4] Stormtrooper x10
5 [4] Raxus Prime Trooper x5
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

199 pts - 24 activations

To start with…I can't take much credit for this squad. I was having a horrible day, so my 7th grade son helped put this squad together. He deserves the credit! I am not fond of activation control and therefore had never run it until this tournament.

I'm horrible at tournament reports…here's the best I've got for you!

Round One vs. Galactic Funk [Shawn]
A near mirror match…except he had 4 Reborn Shadowtroopers, GARY, and Holographic Veers. Early in the match, he gives Fire Support to one of his Scout troopers. Thanks to my moving one of my Raxus Prime, he no longer had line of sight on anyone and wasted the chance to take out a good number of nearby stormies. Later, he rushed Isard with a Reborn, but forgot she takes 70…he only managed 50. The troopers swarmed him immediately. Game went to time. 1-0

Round Two vs. Logan1
Praetorite Vong Scouts with Forward Positioning…this was going to get bloody! Already in the first round, I'm having to Charge in and take as many out as possible. His blasted Blast bugs (from the Warrior Caste Subaltern)took out half of my troopers in the first round. I was able to get around on one flank and get rid of his Hunters with Plasma Eels. At that point, I kept pushing forward…and then rolled Reserves…10 more troopers enter the battle and overran his forces. Full victory. 2-0

Round Three vs. Chargers [Tim]
Tim was running Alto Stratus and Whorm. We used my map (Commercial Spaceport). I was able to isolate his squad in one of the edge hallways. He did have one override, but I had troopers coming down the hall and through the central court, forcing him to choose which door to lock down…but with Charging Fire, I was able to get to most doors easily. One Shadowtrooper took out Alto. The other went on a flanking run to try to get to Whorm, but eventually turned his attention back to his troopers. Full victory. 3-0

Round Four vs. Micah
We had planned from the start that this tournament would just be decided based on the standings after the four rounds…we did not cut down to the top four (it was an informal tournament after all). Because of this, we decided to forego the traditional pairing mechanism and match up with someone we had not played during the day…this is how I was paired with Micah. He was running ARC Trooper scouts with Ordo and Fordo. Targeting negated my Felucian Officer and I was worried about the Verpine Shatter Rifles and his double twin attacks, so I was fairly careful with my first couple rounds of movement. I found an early LOS to one of his ARCs to take away his cloak, and this caught him off guard. Eventually, I was able to get my Shadowtroopers into the bulk of his ARCs and take out enough to feel less worried. Full victory. 4-0
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:54:07 PM

Congratulations - I really enjoy Daala, and she's already won a couple of smaller point tournaments in New Zealand. How did you find Ozzel - it wouldn't be my first instinct to put him in a Daala squad, but other people might have had different experiences.
philn1i1
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:16:21 PM

Thank you.

I found him to be a challenge, but that is more due to my lack of experience with activation control. There were a number of times when I caught myself planning my next two activations. On Star Wars Miniverse, I've often talked about stepping out of my comfort spot when playing...and this was a big step for me.

What really was interesting to me is that three of my four matches required me to charge into base contact. Plenty of cloaked and invisible pieces. I went into the tournament planning to hold back, charging from cover to cover instead of charging straight forward.