Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

!!!!!!!________I HOPE IT'S TRUE_______!!!!!! Options
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:36:01 PM
Groups: Member

dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:47:35 PM

Cool, in the star wars fact file which is been re-released now after a 10 year brake, everything past BoE has been axed. The time line now ends at this point. So mara as it stands now is no longer considered a part of star wars as the same way all EU stuff set after battle of Ender is now out. Be nice if indeed some of the characters axed are reintegrated into this new timeline.
New films and the rebel cartoon will give vsets a lot of new characters to make. with luck the community will support the vsets long enough for the new timeline to get established.
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:53:54 PM

dreadtech wrote:
Cool, in the star wars fact file which is been re-released now after a 10 year brake, everything past BoE has been axed. The time line now ends at this point. So mara as it stands now is no longer considered a part of star wars as the same way all EU stuff set after battle of Ender is now out. Be nice if indeed some of the characters axed are reintegrated into this new timeline.
New films and the rebel cartoon will give vsets a lot of new characters to make. with luck the community will support the vsets long enough for the new timeline to get established.

I just hopes its true, I hoped this is what we'd get.
Take existing characters, and bring them in with a new slant; satisfy the hardcore but keep it fresh.

The other interesting thing is that Lumiya was original introduced to the SW universe through Marvel Comics.
I do expect (hope) to see her!
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:01:29 PM

Well, I would be OK if we left everything after Dark Nest or even TNJO out. But I would like to keep TNJO with the exception of Chewie and Anakin dying. I didn't like Jacen and Mara dying so that's a plus. If we manage to keep this much that would settle for me. I liked the Vong.

What I'm a little disconcerted about is the new Boba Fett that isn't Boba Fett. There is going to be some guy who kills Clone Boba and takes his identity. I guess the writer wasn't the biggest prequel fan.
dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:11:32 PM

Well everything post battle of ender is out, but that's not saying a lot of it will be brought back in with some changes to coincide with what they want star wars to be in this new timeline. I doubt this new timeline will include the vong, but you never know, the new film could be set after the vong invasion, unlikely but stranger things have happened. I think as Rebels will be the first new timeline stuff to come, this will give us the best idea on the direction Disney are taking star wars.
I wonder if they are going to include some of the characters from the clone wars cartoon, or just pretend that never happened. The clone wars cartoon though is in the new star wars fact file so assume that this is going to be considered cannon from now on.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:39:21 PM

I can see it nowMellow : Luke is killed in Episode 7 and a 70 year old Ahsoka becomes the Grand MasterScared !
SignerJ
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:51:27 PM

At this point, I'll just have to accept that I will never like the new Star Wars.

What I'm curious about is how the Vsets will work in the future. Will they focus on the new canon, or will they stay true to the old timeline that we all know and love?

Also, that is the first time I've heard that Boba Fett thing. I can't express how much it infuriates me... Cursing
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:53:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It's also possible that they just cleaned everything off so that no one can make any educated guesses about what's in the new movies. Maybe it all comes back...
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:54:01 PM

I think elements of both. While the old canon is far from exhausted, the new one won't be very substantial till about 2025 when the trilogy and spin-offs are complete.
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 12:13:32 AM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
Well, I would be OK if we left everything after Dark Nest or even TNJO out. But I would like to keep TNJO with the exception of Chewie and Anakin dying. I didn't like Jacen and Mara dying so that's a plus. If we manage to keep this much that would settle for me. I liked the Vong.

What I'm a little disconcerted about is the new Boba Fett that isn't Boba Fett. There is going to be some guy who kills Clone Boba and takes his identity. I guess the writer wasn't the biggest prequel fan.

I for one like this idea. This takes it back to what/who Boba Fett actually was before the prequels.
A lone Bounty Hunter. Not a clone, no ties or affiliates except when he wants them.
Old info is hard to find on what he was supposed to be, but the Mandalorian Book Trilogy was more faithful to the Empire Vision than the Prequels were.
I don't want to fall into a trap of 'hating' and what I've read so far, I feel ok.
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 3:55:44 AM

CerousMutor wrote:

A lone Bounty Hunter. Not a clone, no ties or affiliates except when he wants them.

From what I have read, that is what he is in the books. Except for the "not a clone" part, but it isn't like much of anybody in the galaxy knows.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 4:36:03 AM

SignerJ wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

From what I have read, that is what he is in the books. Except for the "not a clone" part, but it isn't like much of anybody in the galaxy knows.

Well, I just think it is going to be strange that Boba Fett isn't Boba Fett. Unless he is mind-wiped, then that would work better. Still, in some of the late books he is reminiscing about Jango and Taun We on Kamino, but I guess those don't count now.
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 4:52:48 AM

SignerJ wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

Well, I just think it is going to be strange that Boba Fett isn't Boba Fett. Unless he is mind-wiped, then that would work better. Still, in some of the late books he is reminiscing about Jango and Taun We on Kamino, but I guess those don't count now.

YES! I thought that I was the only one who remembered that...

That's why I'm so angry at this change. Arrgh.
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 2:24:07 PM

SignerJ wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

YES! I thought that I was the only one who remembered that...

That's why I'm so angry at this change. Arrgh.

I cant remember what SW history I read, I think it was a ESB character book or something, but years ago I read a discription of Boba as a man who stole/scavenged bits of mandalorian armour until he had what we see him wearing.
This was based very closely on Clint Eastwoods "Manko" character in the dollars trilogy.

If its going back to that, I will be happy.

I dont mean to stir the pot, but I hated the fact that Boba was retconed in to a clone son of a Jango, and thusly related to clone troopers.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 2:37:30 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
I cant remember what SW history I read, I think it was a ESB character book or something, but years ago I read a discription of Boba as a man who stole/scavenged bits of mandalorian armour until he had what we see him wearing.
This was based very closely on Clint Eastwoods "Manko" character in the dollars trilogy.

I dont mean to stir the pot, but I hated the fact that Boba was retconed in to a clone son of a Jango, and thusly related to clone troopers.

Agreed. There's a lot I've never accepted. I remember a book I had about 30 years ago that descibed the Clone Wars as "the most recent attempt by the Jedi Knights to defeat the Galactic Empire". That always stuck with me.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 3:12:18 PM

Lily_Wan wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

Agreed. There's a lot I've never accepted. I remember a book I had about 30 years ago that descibed the Clone Wars as "the most recent attempt by the Jedi Knights to defeat the Galactic Empire". That always stuck with me.

I recently read Splinter of the Mind's Eye the first Star Wars novel. In that, they made it seem as if the Empire was established 40 years before the story. While that was never directly stated, there were several 40 year references that seemed to point in that direction.

In that case, than it appears George Lucas had some other original intent for the prequels that wasn't translated into the movies. Like his first draft for the original trilogy that is being put into comic book form.
dreadtech
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 3:25:15 PM

I have to admit the vsets are really what's going to interest me now, I hope that's they spit the vsets down to middle with new and old timelines. I know that's asking a lot.