RegisterDonateLogin

If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the web site that it's farthest from.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Clone Wars New Content (and original seasons) coming to Netflix Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:54:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

On March 7th Netflix will get the Lost Missions of the Clone Wars plus all of the other seasons. I liked the Clone Wars, especially the stuff they were doing at the end, so I'm happy to see we will actually be getting those last few episodes.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-final-season-the-lost-missions-to-hit-netflix-on-march-7.html
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:58:46 AM
Groups: Member

That's cool, I've been waiting to see this. What happened to Darth Maul! There's a comic book series coming out about that; it will not be in these episodes.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:10:36 AM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
That's cool, I've been waiting to see this. What happened to Darth Maul! There's a comic book series coming out about that; it will not be in these episodes.

Really? That was one of the things I was most looking forward to. That is a bummer. I guess I'll just have to read that comic.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:48:40 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
Gungan Batman Clone wrote:

Really? That was one of the things I was most looking forward to. That is a bummer. I guess I'll just have to read that comic.

Yeah, It's called Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir
PrimeClone
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 7:23:07 PM

SPOILER ALLERT

I just saw the first two episodes of season 6. They ROCK, especially episode 1 is filmed like an actual movie.
The stakes are high. Fives is part of the plot and so is Master Shak Ti. A clone goes crazy and executes order 66.
The story will give insider information never known before on who knows about order 66. I hate Palpatine just hate him. ( One of the best villans ever created).

Cheers
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:49:23 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing these episodes. Are they going to be airing on TV?
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:12:44 PM

Mando wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing these episodes. Are they going to be airing on TV?

I don't think so, I believe just Netflix
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:47:57 PM

PrimeClone wrote:
SPOILER ALLERT

I just saw the first two episodes of season 6. They ROCK, especially episode 1 is filmed like an actual movie.
The stakes are high. Fives is part of the plot and so is Master Shak Ti. A clone goes crazy and executes order 66.
The story will give insider information never known before on who knows about order 66. I hate Palpatine just hate him. ( One of the best villans ever created).

Cheers

Where'd you see them? Are you in Germany? I heard they were airing there.
PrimeClone
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:47:03 PM

I'm in Canada. The two episodes I saw were dubbed in german. But I know german very well. Actually English is my 4th language. That's the reason my sentences and spelling are soooo bad. My kids and co-workers make fun of my English all the time. It's ok. But we were talking about star wars. So yes they are from the 4 episodes that got streamed in Germany. The mood from the first episode is really somber and serious. The action is some of the best I have seen in all the 5 seasons. I'm sure there are going to be some new characters that are going to make it into the v-sets. A separatist General and a camino medical droid. I'm not to current on all the commando books but it appears at first glance that they might honor some of those stories and characters.

Even if everything else is bad in season 6 these two episodes are worth the wait imo.

Cheers
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:18:36 PM

Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:42:21 PM

hmm, I checked out that trailer and it looks like more stuff to mess up the cannon to me.Glare

I'm excited for all the seasons coming to netflix, maybe then I can continue watching the series. (and hopefully I can get more enjoyment from the later seasons then headaches, like I had for the first few)
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:57:03 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
hmm, I checked out that trailer and it looks like more stuff to mess up the cannon to me.Glare

I'm excited for all the seasons coming to netflix, maybe then I can continue watching the series. (and hopefully I can get more enjoyment from the later seasons then headaches, like I had for the first few)

Lucas has said before there is the EU and there is Star Wars movie canon. Nothing here changes the fact that you read and enjoyed those EU stories, it just means the movie canon is a little different. Frankly I have always thought Republic Era-Dark Times was a mess anyway.

I liked the last 2 seasons more than the first couple and this looks to continue with the good stuff from there. But I also liked the first few seasons (Season 1 is the only one that I could pass most episodes on a rewatch I think.) I don't think I ever had the same annoyance at the series as others.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:32:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

It helps if you don't get super serious about continuity. Enjoy the stories on their own merit, not if it counters other stories.