RegisterDonateLogin

Can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Let Us Discuss Maps Options
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:41:11 PM
Groups: Member

Most Used Maps
We discussed this on SHNN the other night, but I'm interested to know what maps other playgroups tend to use the most.

The ones I see the most (in rough order) are:

- Ravaged Base
- Jabba's Palace
- Cantina
- Anchorhead
- Peaceful City
- Rancor Pen
- Asteroid Base
- Rhen Var
- Bothan Spynet

I think these are generally the most available ones - most people in my group have Map Pack 4, Ravaged Base and Rancor Pen are the easiest WOTC restricted maps to find, and Cantina and Anchorhead both came out relatively recently.

If You Could Swap 1 Map on the Restricted List
I really like the 3 pronged Restricted List as it currently stands, and I think that The Celestial Warrior has done a great job on it. But with that in mind:
- which map from outside the Restricted List do you feel would be the most worthy addition to it?
- which map from the Restricted List would you most like to remove?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:01:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We rotate maps a lot. Map Pack 4 was used more than anything else, though. For me, the WotC restricted maps were played so much when there were only 6 restricted maps that I don't go back to them all that often. Since Map Pack 5 came out, that's all I've played on.
SignerJ
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:19:08 PM

I tend to play on Rancor Pen, Imperial Base (the damaged base with the throne room), and Ravaged Base. I don't have many maps, so I tend to use all of them with near equal frequency (except for the Endor Bunker map), for variety. However, like FlyingArrow, I've only been playing on Map Pack 5 recently.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:11:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

SignerJ wrote:
Imperial Base (the damaged base with the throne room)

I looked this up - I wasn't sure if there was something else, but he is referring to the one more commonly known as "Throne Room".
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:07:54 PM

My group has all maps except for Taris under city (one day... Sigh haha) so we tend to get an even distribution. Our favorites are the ship maps Mapmaker created, or the two most recent map packs from JC. My new favourite is the one I helped design Alien Warzone, and I would love to see it make it onto a more playable list. It's actually quite balanced for LOS and the art is fantastic. Hoping both these designers keep pumping new worlds into the game we love