RegisterDonateLogin

A Target Exclusive.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

I think im done Options
Lachesis
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:04:30 PM
Groups: Member

there is one chance for me to continue to pursue this game, and thats if exile is what i think exile should be,

she needs to be the general she was, she needs to have an awsome commander effect that puts the OR in a tourny worthy slot, something no less then allied force users gain force renewal 1 and evade.

this would make the OR faction amazing, The OR faction which is the only faction i want to play worthy of play. renewal so that nomi's mettle is good on mira and atton rand, and evade to give them greater mobile, cause atton rand will die to one activation if he is left out to be the true cannon he can be.

i just dont think i can go on if the exile is as trash as vodo is, too little to late
graloth
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:54:17 PM

"...vodo is, too little to late"
ill second that
Gau
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 10:19:47 PM

oh no if this set doesn't give my pet faction something so broken it is top-tier all of the sudden i am done with this game seriously blast wizards for not giving me exactly what i want

also why can't we get ces that ignore disruptive that would be awesome

Edited by Shinja for language
Guitarded
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 10:22:21 PM

bump I love conversations like this. THAT is why I will never stop playing this game.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:28:41 AM

@ Gau: Please remove the foul language. It's not really appropriate here, in a forum with young kids and other people who would rather not read that filth.

As for the OP....

Give it time. The OR is a minor faction. The minor factions are NEVER going to be as good as the major factions, that's just how the game is designed. Revan didn't meet everybody's expectations, but he was still a lot of fun to play.

If you feel like you can't play OR at your venue because it isn't competitive enough, then perhaps you need to suggest some more non-competitive 'theme' builds. We've done things like "KOTOR Night" where everybody had to play OR, Sith, or Mandos, or Fringe, but all Unique pieces in the squads had to be from the KOTOR era.

You can still do DCI, AND impose those kinds of restrictions, as long as everyone playing is OK with it. There's actually quite a few places that do their weekly games this way.

Besides, the OR faction is still growing. They're getting some incredible support with the Jedi Battlemaster and the Jedi Crusader. You should be able to build some fairly competitive squads with the Crusader, Malak, and some Battlemasters. Might only end up a Tier 1.5 squad, but those just teach you to be a better player, so you can beat the Tier 1 squads even when running an inferior squad. ;)
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:36:37 AM

Exactly, with malak playing it would be a pretty good faction, and the OR are getting up there because if you look at the past few sets(JA, KOTOR, Legacy, Champions) the OR are starting to get more viable peices so if you wait untill the next set with OR they will be more competitive.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:57:52 AM

I agree with awesome. Now that the Old republic has access to Malak and Revan they have more playing options and Malak has a great CE to help boost the OR.
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:50:59 AM

AdmiralAckbar wrote:
I agree with awesome. Now that the Old republic has access to Malak and Revan they have more playing options and Malak has a great CE to help boost the OR.

Very true. With Malak and the OR captain, you almost get a GOWK level commander effect.
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:57:54 AM

With fringe being able to be used in any faction I don't see any faction having issues personally. This is one of the most balanced games out there. Other than a couple of pieces every piece has some use even if it is not overpowered like you all want. Sheesh quit complaining already. If you don't like the game then quit and find some other game. I guarantee you won't find a better balanced game.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 5:48:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Am I the only one who isn't that bothered that vodo is more powerful? I think he fits in well with his character from the comic. He wasn't all that strong there, why should he be in this game?

As to how the exile should be. I do agree that the OR is like the weakest faction out there, but the other lesser factions used to be just as weak before and they have slowly been getter better over the sets. NR is now quite good compared to what it was with the original kyle, the troopers, master luke, n the other not so strong jedi.

So, just give it time and the OR will eventually get up there. I can sympathize with disapointment on how a figure should be represented in this game as well, so don't give up quite yet!
bigbro911
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:32:00 AM

I really got into Mandos when they first showed up in BH (with only six or so figs). Not every set has even had them represented, just like the OR. Still I hung on and now they are becomming a force to be reckoned with.

The OR got a TON of love in this set with all the Affinity (especially Malak and the Rangers). I don't think the balance hangs on how good or bad the exile is. They also got great figs back in the KotOR set (Mira, Captain, and Wookie to name a few).

But if the OP has had enough for him...then so be it. It's ok to walk away if you are done.

More OR for me ;)

mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:49:25 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
Am I the only one who isn't that bothered that vodo is more powerful? I think he fits in well with his character from the comic. He wasn't all that strong there, why should he be in this game?

This is from Wookieepedia... "Master Vodo was highly thought of throughout the Jedi Order and was known to have taken part in the training of several famous Jedi Knights. He was among the most powerful of the Order and one of its leaders;"

Speaking for my own expectations, I wasn't looking for a powerful beatstick, but rather some sort of Light tutor or something along those lines. At the very least, some force renewal. I would have been happy with a Yoda of Dagobah type. Instead, we get a figure who's kind of in between. Alter is nice, and parry is good, but he's not a great offensive force, nor is he a commander/great defensive piece.

All that being said, for 44 points, he's not bad, esp. paired with Nomi.

Back to the original topic, I think the OR is coming along nicely. I do hope that the Exile comes through as we'd all like, but I think that the OR is starting to round out a bit.
pitcherstar
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:02:47 PM

I wasn't expecting an Exar Kun beatstick, but considering that he was famous for training Jedi, I was expecting a piece with good synergy with force users, or a battery, or a boost for the always useless guardians/consulars/sentinels. I don't think that the piece represents him all that well considering the above facts, and my problem with the OR as a faction has always been that they just don't do anything all that well. Certain factions have certain flavors to them, even if they're not usually considered Tier 1 (take the Mandalorians for example....good overrall shooters-not alot of tricks, but straightforward strength is their flavor).

But the OR is and has always been just like Applebees. No flavor, not much variety, and waaaay overpriced.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:21:39 PM

Now, what they need is for wizards to make a holocron, for the OR and sith, the sith one should be like

cost-20
def-20
hp-20
att-0
dam-0

special abilities
sith holocron(each sith character with a force rating gain sith rage and illusion)
emplacement

OR version

cost-20
def-20
hp-20
att-0
dam-0

special abilities
holocron(allies with force ratings gain force renewal 1, and lightsaber defense)
emplacement

that would rock
bigbro911
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:39:59 PM

pitcherstar wrote:
...always useless sentinels...

Sorry to disagree, but the Sentinels are great figs for the points and very useful!