RegisterDonateLogin

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Correct use of Force Spirits Options
nutgraf
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:15:56 PM
Groups: Member

Hey guys,

Glad to find a site that's still dedicated to SWM! I was fairly active on the WotC boards when they still existed. Anyway, my buddy and I are the last two dedicated Minis players at our local comic book shop, and have really gotten back into playing this summer. We only play with everything pre-MotF, no virtual sets.

My question is, how does one effectively use Force Spirit characters? Yoda aside, they seem fairly fragile to tie to a damage dealing piece on the front lines, providing your opponent has a couple force users. Any tips?
Thanks, and it's good to be here!
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:53:02 PM

The way to think about it is, if a 50 point Jedi spends a turn getting rid of an 8 point, that's a win for you. The 2010 GenCon winner featured Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Spirit haunting Luke Rebel Commando - so he could levitate all day long. That Luke's more of a tech piece than a front line fighter though.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:55:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

By the time you're in the middle of the fight, the beneficiary would usually have had 2 or 3 renewals already anyway, which in many skirmishes all they need.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:02:57 PM

On the approach, you can make use of their ability to move through walls to keep them out of harms way.

As for in combat, it tends to be a nonissue as the spirits tend to be a really low combat priority as in almost every case, it's better for the force user to attack the person being affected by the spirit rather than spend their attacks for a 50% chance of defeating the spirit, as if they kill the target, they also kill the spirit.
nutgraf
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:09:17 PM

Move through walls, woah, guess I didn't read closely. Thanks for the help. I was thinking of putting Luke, Force Spirit into my NR Wedge, Leia, Mara squad. Thoughts?
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:33:12 PM

nutgraf wrote:
Move through walls, woah, guess I didn't read closely. Thanks for the help. I was thinking of putting Luke, Force Spirit into my NR Wedge, Leia, Mara squad. Thoughts?

If you have them, Ganner Rhysode, Mara Jade Jedi, and Anakin Solo are an amazing squad base for WOTC New Republic. Ganner and Mara have stealth, so unless you're seeing lots of accurate, you can leave Wedge on the bench. Ganner can levitate Mara to Lightsaber Assault something big. If you opponent kills her, Ganner can levitate Anakin Solo in to Unleash the Force and create havoc. You can chuck in other stuff like Han Solo Galactic Hero (support shooter + disruptive) and General Dodonna (tempo control, which is huge) too if you have room.

It's really hard to go past Solo Charge (http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/82551/solo-charge), or a variant with Kyle Katarn JBM, if you're playing WOTC NR.