RegisterDonateLogin

Side effects may include: nausea, heartburn, and Aing Tii flow-walking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Suggestion : Trades by user / performance Options
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:24:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

With the membership of the site increasing steadily, I have noticed it is taking longer and longer for the "trades by user" page to load. (and others)
Understandable, as there is quite a lot of data to query...

My idea - how about if the page doesn't automatically pull up all that data - just present the [query] selection form and a button to go get the data?

Anymore, I tend to look for who wants a certain fig that I have, or for one I want...

Simple enough to let it default to show all, but I think users can handle making one more click to actually grab the data.

I don't see a need to hit the database for all of that when it will likely get filtered and re-queried anyway. Sound reasonable?

BlooMilk BlooMilk
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:29:49 AM
Groups: Member

I like that Idea. I updated my wants (everything I don't have an d lots of multiples), and I can't even get to the trades by user/character page. This is a very good idea.ThumbsUp
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:57:25 AM

And I should add - I am aware of the "trades by character" page, but I like to see ALL the match-ups side by side when scoping out trade prospects Cool
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 9:38:44 AM
Groups: Member

One thing that I would like to see is on the trades by user/character pages is if a person hasn't logged in in a while, say a month, their name will be a different color or greyed out or something. I don't know how many times I have found a good trade that matched up well, only to find out that the person hasn't logged in since '08.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:01:19 PM

Boba Fettuccine wrote:
One thing that I would like to see is on the trades by user/character pages is if a person hasn't logged in in a while, say a month, their name will be a different color or greyed out or something. I don't know how many times I have found a good trade that matched up well, only to find out that the person hasn't logged in since '08.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Maybe even filter them out of the trade list completely (or make that a query option) if the account is stale by more than 30 days or something...

I have a VERY long list of figs to trade (many excess UC/C), and if there are some users that have only one piece I'm looking for, but they supposedly want lots of mine and they haven't logged in for months, then the poor server has to generate that long list on my side for each of them.

That definitely puts a load on the system. Sad