RegisterDonateLogin

Is worth a lot to me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gencon 7th place play report Options
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 6:59:18 PM
Groups: Member

Decided last minute to play Maxed out Maidens.

Rd 1 against bill and yobuck.
Of course I draw Bill in rd 1. And he wins map and is running the tomb of accolytes. During the course of the game, I do 60 to Yoda and 30 to anakin before my squad is destroyed.

Rd 2 I get Joe and his Spec force nastiness.
It takes me 2 rounds of trying to shoot through his evade on 7 and don't die on 12, before I decide that that tactic isn't going to work. Then I work on trying to get back to the commanders. Only game of minis I have ever played where at the end of the game each players is in the other player's starting area pounding on the commanders. Manage to get over 100 pts and the 1 point for it.

Rd 3 I draw Matt (I think) and his gloom walkers.
The accurate kills him as his guys are all stealth but I can just shoot them anyway. I start by taking out Wyyrlock to penalize him for spreading out. Then I take out his guys one at a time over the course of the next couple rounds until I eliminate his whole squad.

Rd 4 against totally spacing this one. If I remember I will come back and update.

Rd 5 against Giles with a chance at top 8
I win map (Jabba's palace) and mike sets up his guys in a line. I was hoping he didn't realize I could shoot him (needed 2 acts to do it) so win init and activate Atris and her battle med. Mike spins mas and someone else. Then I use R7 to open doors and Echani to take out R2 and start the damamge race (I think it was Embo was my second target). In the next round, I manage to get a line on panaka and take him out which leaves mike at a huge disadvantage. He still works hard at it, but my mobility is just too much and he succumbs in another couple of rounds. We both talk about the game afterward and Mike says he never sets up like that and just made a mistake. I think if he plays it clean, he has a really good chance of winning the game since Embo on a rope (doing 70 with skywalker) is really bad for me.

I make the top 8 in the number 7 spot and for that I get

Another matchup against Bill
I win map, so at least I have a chance this game. I get an early line on yobuck and dump 120 on him which Bill didn't see coming, but still can't overcome the bad matchup. I do get him down to just anakin left and have a chance to win init and kill him (would still have lost more than likely) but lost the init and thus any chance I had at all.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:47:57 PM
Groups: Member

Nice work Jason, especially with having Bill as bookends to your championship run!
Congrats on making Top 8 man.