RegisterDonateLogin

Is now the ultimate power in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mandalorian O.P. Commander Effect?? Options
BFMV123
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:59:15 PM
Groups: Member

Ok so with the new set out I made a Mandalorian team with the following characters.

50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
34 Mandalorian Training Sergeant
28 Kelborn
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
28 Neo-Crusader Officer
27 Mirta Gev
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

now Boba Gains Mandalorian from Gev so hes now subject to the Crusaders CE which reads

(Mandalorian followers within 6 squares who don't move on their turn get +3 Defense until the start of their next turn (or until this character is defeated).

At the end of this character's turn, 1 Mandalorian ally without Twin Attack within 6 squares may immediately make all of its attacks.)

Now since Boba doesn't have twin can he Pull of his Triple attack or does he get just one attack from the Crusaders CE?

Heres why im asking my local group I used this team, I won Inish usd Resolnare to place Boba up to shoot. My 1st activation was Boba to pull off his triple then activated the Crusader and with his CE gave Boba 3 more shots. Which for the 1st activation Boba Shot 6 times. Is that correct or im I using the CE of the Crusader wrong?

Squad Link: New Mandos
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:19:04 PM

Yup, that's correct.

Most tournaments do follow the rule where if you go first in the round, you only get one activation, then it's 2 each after that. So if you win initiative and go first, you'd only get to activate Boba, then it would be your opponent's turn. You can get around this by using the Mandalorian Tactician though. If your opponents are getting sick of your squad, I think a New Republic squad with Mara Jade Jedi, Ganner, a reasonable number of activations, and access to a Muun Tactics Broker should be able to deal with it very easily most of the time.

It is still a powerful combo, but it's also expensive - you can get 90 accurate damage, albeit at a slightly lower attack and on more fragile pieces, out of Princess Leia and Han Smuggler. There are a lot of "cannon" pieces in the new sets - they're normally strong pieces, so it'll be interesting to see how they go.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:19:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

BFMV123 wrote:
Ok so with the new set out I made a Mandalorian team with the following characters.

50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
34 Mandalorian Training Sergeant
28 Kelborn
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
28 Neo-Crusader Officer
27 Mirta Gev
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

now Boba Gains Mandalorian from Gev so hes now subject to the Crusaders CE which reads

(Mandalorian followers within 6 squares who don't move on their turn get +3 Defense until the start of their next turn (or until this character is defeated).

At the end of this character's turn, 1 Mandalorian ally without Twin Attack within 6 squares may immediately make all of its attacks.)

Now since Boba doesn't have twin can he Pull of his Triple attack or does he get just one attack from the Crusaders CE?

Heres why im asking my local group I used this team, I won Inish usd Resolnare to place Boba up to shoot. My 1st activation was Boba to pull off his triple then activated the Crusader and with his CE gave Boba 3 more shots. Which for the 1st activation Boba Shot 6 times. Is that correct or im I using the CE of the Crusader wrong?

Squad Link: New Mandos

What you describe is possible after the first phase of the round. The person that goes first in a round activates only 1 character, so in that phase you could either activate the Officer to give Boba 3 shots with the CE, or have Boba activate and take his 3 shots.

side note: the Rules forum is a better place to ask this type of question Smile
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:20:07 PM

ninja'd by TheHutts
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:22:27 PM

swinefeld wrote:
ninja'd by TheHutts

Yours was clearer though.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:41:33 PM

Drop Mira and Training Sergeant. Add Tactician and another neo officer. Activate 3 in first phase for 9 accurate attacks and 270 damage from Boba. Devastating on paper but I haven't tried it. Let us know how it goes.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:47:18 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Drop Mira and Training Sergeant. Add Tactician and another neo officer. Activate 3 in first phase for 9 accurate attacks and 270 damage from Boba. Devastating on paper but I haven't tried it. Let us know how it goes.

Am I missing something for how Boba's getting 30 damage in this build?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:56:01 PM

My fault. I was thinking he had 30 base damage like a couple of the Mandalores. Only 180 damage.
BFMV123
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:10:21 PM

Thanks for the input guys