RegisterDonateLogin

I can't believe it's not bantha!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWM:CE - Escape into Darkness Options
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 6:55:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yo, what up?

I am finalising an updated version SWM:CE (Star Wars Miniatures: Campaign Edition) which is a role-playing game using the SWM rules. All that remains is for me to complete the Vset ability additions and it's all ready to go! However, that hasn't stopped us starting our own little scenario here in the Hutt. I teach at a high school and two of my students, Ethan and Hayden, have convinced me of the need to start our own RPG using the SWM:CE rules and we've started to fantabulous "Escape into Darkness" campaign! It's somewhat cool/lame (depending on your point of view) as we're totally crafting it as we go. Basically it looks like this:

I've taken all the 10 factions and squashed them together into one map, completely screwing with the Star Wars timeline and allowing me to have a ten-way set of alliances and enemies, changing them to suit the story at any time. Hayden has taken a Rodian Fringe character called "Nedyah S'do" and his story is as follows: "Nedyah S’do grew up like any Rodian from Rodia, learning to hunt and make that his life. From the Neetakka clan, S’do learned to excell in his hunting abilities and became very proficient in killing prey. He dreamed, however, of venturing into the galaxy and when chance afforded it, he took to the stars. After a rough first encounter with the underworld in Nal Hutta, S’do looked to distance himself from the Hutt clans and fled to the nearest safe haven he could find. Since the New Republic and Imperial regions nearby did not suit his tastes, he headed straight for Ruusan in the Sith Empire. It was there that he met Om Klaw and the pair made a deal to watch each other’s back’s as far as Korriban."

Ethan has opted for a human Sith called Om Klaw: "Klaw was born onto the isolated Sith world of Ruusan, and became a loyal follower of the Sith ways, as most do in this secluded corner of the Empire. He was orphaned at an early age and left to fend for himself, unloved by anyone of significant standing within the Sith culture. Desperate to become a part of the Sith tradition, but alienated by his community, Klaw looked to make the difficult journey to Korriban, the centre of the Empire, to begin again. After meeting Nedyah S’do, the young Rodian who had recently arrived on planet and looking to move on as quickly as possible, the pair agreed to watch out for each other until planet fall on Korriban."

And how's that been going for us so far?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/143429/eid1--leaving-ruusan
Escape into Darkness: Part 1. Om Klaw and Nedyah S'do, wishing to avoid Sith transports, try to arrange passage from Ruusan to Korriban on a small Pirate freighter. However, the ship's captain, a Rodian named Detath tries to take their money from them without passage.

Result: Klaw and S'do went down! Klaw managed to kill the Pirate and the Bodyguard, and S'do took out the Pilot. They both wake up in a holding cell. Datath arrives and, while he's really pissed at them taking out some of his crew, he likes their attitude and offers them work or they could lose a hand. Surprisingly, they both decide to take the work. No money, just working to pay off the debt of 'medical bills'. Datath assigns them to Corr'd, a rather large and feisty Whippid. They need to extract some obidience from a local Sith nobel. Klaw XP = 20pts, S'do XP = 12pts.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/143431/eid2--the-sith-nobel
Escape into Darkness: Part 2. Datath, the pirate boss, sends Om Klaw and Nedyah S'do to work with a rather feisty Whippid called Corr'd to pay of their debt of hospital bills and inconvenience pay. Their first port of call is Tremen, a Sith Nobel who Detath believes 'needs to learn more respect'. Klaw and S'do don't know the background, but aren't required to. Corr'd leads them into Tremen's home and, after discussions intentionally breakdown, Corr'd orders the attack of Tremen and his guard.

Result: Although they lose Klaw in the process, Corr'd and S'do defeat Tremen's guard leaving him undefended. Corr'd then suggests rather forcefully that Tremen would do well to pay his respects to Detath if he wishes to avoid further repercussions. They revive Klaw and, after Corr'd takes their weapons, they get into the speeder and head back to Detath's base of operations. A groggy Klaw asks Corr'd if he would consider leaving Detath's employ and organise a transport for the three of them to go to Korriban. Corr'd just laughs and says, 'you humans are so funny'. S'do XP = 35pts, Klaw XP = 10pts, Corr'd XP = 10pts, plus 5pts each for S'do and Corr'd for defeating the guard and delivering Detath's displeasure to the previous arrogant Sith Nobel. That puts S'do on 49pts and Klaw on 35pts, making them both eligible for Level 2 training when the opportunity arises.

Anyhoo, that's where we are. Both the guys left me at lunchtime today saying, 'are you here tomorrow?' so they're keen as. More to follow as we go!
SWGWeti
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 9:59:29 PM
Groups: Member

Awesome idea! It sounds like it's a blast! Keep us posted on the story's progression.

I'm curious too about the rules to play this game with my group.
obiwan1knight
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:20:48 AM
Groups: Member

My playgroup is in the middle of a campaign and I was just thinking the other day what it would be like with some new V-set abilities. Post a link to wherever you are putting the updated version when you can. Your campaign sounds like a lot of fun!