RegisterDonateLogin

Prefers a straight fight to all this sneaking around.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer Options
SignerJ
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:52:54 PM
Groups: Member

gholli69 wrote:
I didn't much care for the way the droid looked and what is up with the speeder that the youngish girl goes riding off on? 30 years after endor and instead of being sleeker and sexier than the scout speeders on endor people are riding around on giant fudgesicles, WTF?

What about the TIEs? Pretty much everybody knows they aren't the best star ships. Why are they still in use 30 years after Endor? Heck, even the prequel trilogy had original ships...
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:47:10 PM

SignerJ wrote:
gholli69 wrote:
I didn't much care for the way the droid looked and what is up with the speeder that the youngish girl goes riding off on? 30 years after endor and instead of being sleeker and sexier than the scout speeders on endor people are riding around on giant fudgesicles, WTF?

What about the TIEs? Pretty much everybody knows they aren't the best star ships. Why are they still in use 30 years after Endor? Heck, even the prequel trilogy had original ships...

I would say TIEs were still in use because they are easy to produce, and use in mass numbers, take up small amounts of space so a lot can be crammed into capital ships.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 5:14:43 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
gholli69 wrote:

I would say TIEs were still in use because they are easy to produce, and use in mass numbers, take up small amounts of space so a lot can be crammed into capital ships.

One thought, though unlikely, is that it's a flashback. Maybe their not Imperial TIEs? I would think that Interceptors would be used more.
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 6:00:18 AM

It could be a flashback or it could be a backwoods Imperial Remnant planet that only gets trickle down, second-hand gear since they are not near the current central power structure.
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:04:43 PM

Is it just me or did the astromech Droids body look like a soccer ball
Lily_Wan
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:11:06 PM

obsidian7788 wrote:
Is it just me or did the astromech Droids body look like a soccer ball

I'd love to know how it gets enough traction to begin moving in the sand.
Also... stairs.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:29:37 PM

The international trailer is so much better IMO. Unfortunately, it makes me even less excited about this movie if they feel they need more than a year to build the hype on something that should have already had a lot to start with....
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 2:48:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

That's just how this kinda thing works anymore you start really early with dribs and drabs of footage, I do not think it is any indication of quality/desperation, its Star Wars. People are going to see it.

EDIT: Also do you have a link to the international trailer?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:38:50 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b4k7e_star-wars-the-force-awakens-international-teaser-trailer_animals

I know droves of people will see it (I might even be one of them), it just that I'm not a big fan of JJ Abrams (he just doesn't seem like a good fit for SW, hopefully he can prove me wrong though) so with the lackluster stateside trailer and the official extended hype time it doesn't bode well for me personally.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:39:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

That trailer isn't real, it's fan made.

I think JJ messed up Star Trek bad in the 2nd movie but that is cause he doesn't "get Star Trek" he wasn't a fan. I think he gets Star Wars.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:43:01 AM

if so that's a shame cause I thought it's a lot better than the official one.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2014 12:14:44 AM

Lol @lilywan,
"also... stairs" bot falls up stairs. Also, lol at the thought of it getting stuck in light sand...
It is a soccerball droid, its probably either a 3part droid (a centre part connecting to the head, with two slightly larger Segway style wheels that look soccerball-y) or it could be the head is attached via repulsors or something to the spherical body. If there is a gyroscope in the ball... it would easily have traction on compacted sand. Less so for light sand.
It has very limited storage area or space for onboard consumables, so it's probably just a scout droid.
low target profile is a positive.
Though, it may explain the vwing paradox from that episode III fighter nicely.

@all,
EDIT
I'll keep it brief on the Abrams front -
not at all a fan, pure and simple, based on style and projects to date.

Writers are maybe 10% responsible for whats on screen, director/producers 30%ish, or at least a considerable influence in the decision making process.
At the end of the day, they're the ones out there calling the shots and earning the big bucks: kudos on the cash cow. To each their own. Different strokes for different folks. BigGrin
C'est une pipe.

trappedslider
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:32:35 PM

trappedslider wrote:
Friendly reminder : Abrams is going to ruin your child hood Star Wars forever just wait for it

Well..the following have been added to the long list of things that have ruined Star Wars Forever:

Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens

I'm surprised Abram's name isn't on the list..
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:23:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I have found that those that have issue with the Star Trek films should be directing their ire more towards Orci/Kurtzman than Abrams.