Groups: Member

GMLS got me thinking about other "Epic" characters we might see:

Yoda, Unleashed

HP 140
Def 23
Att 14
Dam 20

SA: Unique
Melee Attack, Triplet Attack (Whenever this character makes an attack, it gets 2 extra attacks against the same target) , Flurry Attack
Ataru Style Mastery: (+4 Attack if exactly 1 enemy is within 6 squares. This character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity.)

FP: Force 3, Force Renewal 2, MotF 3
Lightsaber Defense
Force Defense
Master Speed
Force Push 3
Force Stasis (Force 2, usable only on this character's turn: Enemy characters within 6 squares are considered activated this round; save 11)

CE: Followers in your squad with a Force rating can spend Yoda, Unleashed's Force points.

Mace Windu, Jedi Battle Master

HP 160
Def 23
Att 15
Dam 20

SA: Unique
Melee Attack, Triple Attack
Vaapad Style Mastery (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 18, 19, or 20. Deals triple damage instead of double on a critical hit)
Mettle

FP: Force 2, Renewal 2, MotF 2
Lightsaber Defense
Master Speed
Overwhelming Force
Shatterpoint
Whirlwind Attack

CE: Followers in your squad with Melee Attack gain Extra Attack

Darth Sidious, Sith Lord

HP:140
Def: 21
Att: 14
Dam: 20

SA: Unique, Melee Attack, Triple Attack, Deadly Attack, Vicious Attack, Cunning Attack +20, Master Tactician, Betrayal

FP: Force 3, Renewal 2, MotF 3
Force Lightning 3
Force Storm 5 (Force 5, replaces attacks: 50 damage to all characters within 6 squares)
Sith Sorcery
Transfer Essence

CE: Characters in your squad may spend Palpatine's Force points as their own.

Whadya think? How much do you think these guys would cost?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:12:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mace's CE should be for Allies. That would make him worth using. :)
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:28:53 PM

Mace's Vaapad Mastery should just be triple damage too, IMO. Like GMLS Djem So Mastery is +10 Damage.
Its cool the way Yoda has non AoO that way you dont have to waste points on Leap.
Sidious would be cooler with Betrayal.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 2:17:24 AM

Sidious should definantly have Betrayal. It just fits him.
And I agree with Urza. Mace's Vapaad mastery should just give him +10 damage (along with the normal rolls for Vapaad crits) when he hits with a critical.
saber1
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 4:15:15 AM

Not so sound like an echo, but Mace's Vaapan Mastery should be at +10 Damage. Triple Damage is just too nuts with a crit 20% of the time. Based on General Mace's 72 point cost, your version would be EXPENSIVE, but super-fun to play. I really like your pieces in general and ideas specifically.
raitalin
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 6:18:48 AM

D'oh, I meant for Sid to have Betrayal, just forgot it in the final draft.

Is Mace doing triple on a crit that much crazier than Luke getting 6 attacks or Yoda moving 18 and getting three? I dropped his crit range down to 18-20. I doubt anyone's ever going to stick around for a full round of that anyway, but he'd be scary as hell to have swapped in your midst.

I mostly gave them all CEs so that they wouldn't be subject to CEs. Mace's seems fine to me, how many melee commanders does the Republic have anyway? GOWK and Yoda certainly don't need the boost, but JWM would sure appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback guys, anyone wanna throw out numbers for potential cost on these guys?
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 6:24:23 AM

Thats the whole reason I dont make customs is that reason. Im not that good at that.
saber1
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 7:34:13 AM

On your version, would Shatterpoint trigger the triple damage from Vaapad?
raitalin
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:08:35 AM

Sure would, since it makes things critical and crits deal triple.
saber1
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:10:37 AM

raitalin wrote:

Simply BRUTAL
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:25:58 PM

raitalin wrote:

Ohhh... so that's why Mace would cost over 100... That's just plain freaking scary! Scared Scared Drool
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:45:51 PM

Hmmm, tough to call on costing them out... somewhere between 120 and 140 ought to fit nicely. Though with Sidious and betrayal, may as well make him a flat 135

And why stop with force users? a young Krayt Dragon is 50 points on the nose. Why not make a Colossal Krayt Dragon? Give it stats somewhat on par with the AT-AT?
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:51:35 AM

So here would be the thought behind it

Colossal Krayt Dragon (treat in rarity as AT-AT) Fringe
HP: 400
Defense: 15
Attack: +18
Damage: 20
Special Abilities
Melee Attack: Double Attack; Deadly Attack
Melee Reach 4
Savage
Charging Assault +20
Penetration 10
Colossal (Large and smaller characters may occupy squares on this character's base and are considered adjacent. Low objects and Large of smaller characters do not provide cover against this character's attack. Ignores movement costs to enter squares containing difficult terrain, low objects, and trenches. Never has cover. Cannot benefit from bodyguard or draw fire.))
Swallow Whole (characters damaged by this character are removed from the board, save of 11. On the character's following activation, it takes 30 points of damage every round until it can successfully deal 40 points of damage to the Krayt Dragon. Characters who succeed are placed on a square adjacent to the Krayt Dragon of the player's choosing.)
Damage Reduction 20 (adjacent characters with lightsabers ignore this special ability)
Stomp (Whenever this character moves, any characters occupying squares on its base or squares it moves into are immediately defeated. Characters can avoid this effect with a save of 6.)
Regeneration 20 (if this character does not move, remove 20 damage from it.)
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:29:18 AM

I like the ideas, my ONLY edit would be that Sidious should not have MT. I just don't like the idea of him having it, doesn't fit for me... But otherwise those are some beast pieces.

-RevRevGar
raitalin
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:54:56 AM

The guy planned both sides of a Galactic Civil War without anyone knowing, predicting precise outcomes of battles the whole way. I think that's Masterfully Tactical. Plus it's got great synergy with his Cunning Attack +20, showing how he took down Tiin and Fisto without breaking a sweat.
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:50:03 AM

Touche, but isn't there something you could give him that isn't MT, but still shows his incredible ability to plan and strategize.

Although this doesn't show the tactician personality you could do something crazy cool like this: Quick Reactions or Attack Planning or something like so (Character can activate twice per round but the activations must be the first and last activations of the respective player's squad.) Although this would be overpowered.

A side note, are Tiin and Fisto the Jedi's with Mace when he came to arrest Sidious?

-RevRevGar
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:21:59 AM

I just had a thought about your Yoda and Windu epics: why not give them Light Tutor, only supplant (Rebel Ally) with (Republic Ally who does not have Order 66). After all, they are Jedi Masters, Yoda foremost being known for training numerous apprentices.

And do likewise for Palpatine, only path it as

Dark Instructor (At the start of the skirmish, choose one allied Republic or Empire character. if that ally does not have a force rating, it gains Force 1 and can spend this Force point normally; it is considered to have a Force rating for the rest of the skirmish. If that ally already has a Force rating, it gets 1 Force point.)
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 4:16:47 AM

tiin, fisto, and kolar.

mt is more about one battle. i would give him master manipulation(same effect.