RegisterDonateLogin

It's not Bloo Milk's fault!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

JA Anti-CW Options
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:40:18 AM
Groups: Member

I was looking at the new NR pieces, and then I looked at the famous NR anti-CW squad, and then this idea hit me.

--JA anti-CW--
54 Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster
38 Kol Skywalker
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 General Wedge Antilles
10 Jagged Fel
9 General Dodonna
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(199pts. 11 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=43663

NOTE: Edited, thanks to the help of AdmiralAckbar 6-13-09

Of course, credit goes to LoboStele for the ingenius original. I did some major tweaking in here, and I tried not to alter the original squad too much. I took out the explosive Mara Jade for the uber-beefy, undercosted Kol to compete with the melee-heavy squad running around in the meta today. Then, I made an easy decision and swapped out Jaina for Leia, who gives everyone in this squad Evade rerolls. Much deadlier than just having Luke FS give Kyle renewal. Then, since I couldn't bring in Han Smuggler anymore, I went to the next option: the Dash Buzzsaw, who is ridiculous with Evade rerolls. Kyle, of course, is the same beast he always is, Dodonna controls acts, R4 boosts attack, and we all know what the mice and uggies do.

Overall, I'm satisfied with this squad, but I feel that it could be better. I think that there is too much fodder at the bottom of the build, I'm not sure about the R4, and I have repeatedly questioned my decision to take out Mara. I'd like some input on this squad, please. I feel that this build could be truly great with some work and fine-tuning, so all suggestions and criticisms are welcome. Thanks! ThumbsUp BlooMilk
homestar45
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:52:15 AM

This seems like a pretty good squad to me. The only thing I'd say is that Dash has a low attack which you could make up for by putting in a cheap shooter for combine fire (this could be more cost effective than Jagged). Other than that I really can't think of anything else off the top of my head but if I do I'll be sure to come straight back here!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 10:05:23 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, homestar, but didn't you see the R4?
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:18:15 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The R4 would probably help with his low attack since dash lacks accurate, but I would be hesitant to rely on the R4 until I was sure exactly how his ability worked. Like, replaces attack, on this charcters turn, etc, etc.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:37:00 AM

I am not sure about that, as I've never actually seen his card, but I think it means that on R4's turn, he can "tag" an enemy character, who then loses 4 Defense.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:42:59 AM

But it will probably have to a legal target, thus the closest in cover. Which will work fine with dash since he doesn't have accurate.
homestar45
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:58:43 PM

I didn't notice the R4, lol. But I have to agree with Ero. Don't count on that only until we know exactly what the ability is exactly. But if it sucks then you know who to replace for some cheap shooters!
DarthReeves
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 6:18:01 PM

Drop the useless fodder and add Jag and a cloud car pilot....don't question me, just do it
Eroschilles
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:15:25 AM

DarthReeves wrote:
Drop the useless fodder and add Jag and a cloud car pilot....don't question me, just do it

Um, I question that. What is that supposed to do?
homestar45
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:46:23 AM

Well obviously the cloud car pilot is there to do.........oh wait. You have a good squad there mercenary moose. Do what you want with it, but my only suggestion would be a boost for Dash. Even if you don't do that though you still have a good squad.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 6:04:26 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
DarthReeves wrote:

Jagged fel I understand he will boost up Dash's attack but I don't think the cload pilot is worth it. Also I think Mara Jade Jedi works better in this squad becuase she is also a shooter and has stealth and has a much higher damage output then Kol. She has a better chance taking down GMLS and where as Kol will fall quickly.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:10:45 AM

AdmiralAckbar wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:
DarthReeves wrote:

Jagged fel I understand he will boost up Dash's attack but I don't think the cload pilot is worth it. Also I think Mara Jade Jedi works better in this squad becuase she is also a shooter and has stealth and has a much higher damage output then Kol. She has a better chance taking down GMLS and where as Kol will fall quickly.

Very good point there. I believe that you're right in saying that replacing R4 and an uggie with Jag will still boost up Dash while also giving me an A-1 fodder slayer. However, I still think that Kol works better here, even though I've thought a lot about switching him out. Mara doesn't have a ton of damage output as a shooter, but stealth is nice. However, she is only worthwhile here if she can consistently pull off her Cunning Assaults, whereas Kol can consistently lay out the damage every turn. Also, he is a much better fit for fighting the melee squads that I believe will soon come to dominate the post-JA meta.