RegisterDonateLogin

Will make point five past light speed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Custom Stats Abilities Options
Starsaber
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:27:09 PM
Groups: Member

I'm working on some mini stats based on Wraith Squadron characters and I've thought of these new special abilities. What does everyone think?

Unorthodox (If your initiative roll is 11 or higher, this character is attack +3 and defense +3 until the end of the round)

Comm Intercepts (Each time an enemy commander's turn ends, an ally within 6 squares may move up to its speed even if it has already been activated this turn)

Marginally Force Sensitive (This character may not gain Force Renewal and is not considered to have a Force Rating by opponent's characters).

If you can think of a better term for this last one, I'd appreciate it. It's for Tyria, since during the X-wing books, she displayed the barest trace of Force sensitivity.
saber1
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 3:29:02 PM

The first two are very interesting, especially comm intercept. Not sure about the last one.

For unorthadox, a synonym of which is "odd", why not have it trigger on an odd number rolled for initiative? The statistical probability of triggering is the same, its just a bit more in the theme of the SA.

Unorthadox (If you rolled an odd number for initiative this round, this character is...)
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 3:44:01 PM

Sounds more or less good to me.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:18:01 PM

Maybe instead of marginally force sensitive, just force sensitive or force adept
defender390
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:29:00 PM

As far as the wording goes, I would change initiative roll to initiative check and opponent's characters to enemy characters. That's just to make it more in line with the wording that Wizards of the Coast uses. Otherwise, I like them and I think Marginally Force Sensitive is the most accurate name you can use for the ability.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:35:32 PM

Starsaber wrote:
I'm working on some mini stats based on Wraith Squadron characters and I've thought of these new special abilities. What does everyone think?

Unorthodox (If your initiative roll is 11 or higher, this character is attack +3 and defense +3 until the end of the round)

Comm Intercepts (Each time an enemy commander's turn ends, an ally within 6 squares may move up to its speed even if it has already been activated this turn)

Marginally Force Sensitive (This character may not gain Force Renewal and is not considered to have a Force Rating by opponent's characters).

If you can think of a better term for this last one, I'd appreciate it. It's for Tyria, since during the X-wing books, she displayed the barest trace of Force sensitivity.

are you going to post their stats?
Starsaber
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:39:12 PM

As far as the idea of using odd instead of 11 or greater, there are a couple reasons. The bigger one is that Runt is going to have Karmic Luck to represent his multiple personalities, so I want there to be times when one would trigger but not the other.

Yeah, once I finish them. I might post them without costs because I don't have any experience costing minis yet.

You know what, I might as well post a few now to get some initial feedback.

Wes Janson, Wraith Pilot
HP 70
Defense 15
Attack +10
Damage 20
Unique. Pilot. Gunner.
Affinity (This character may be in a Rebel squad)
Unorthodox (If your initiative check is 11 or higher, this character is attack +3 and defense +3 until the end of the round)
Twin Attack
Deadly Attack
"Yub, yub, Commander"

Tyria Sarkin
HP 80
Defense 13
Attack +9
Damage 20
Unique. Pilot. Antarian Ranger.
Unorthodox (If your initiative check is 11 or higher, this character is attack +3 and defense +3 until the end of the round)
Stealth
Advantageous Cover
Marginally Force Sensitive (This character may not gain Force Renewal and is not considered to have a Force Rating by enemy characters)
Force 1

Jesmin Ackbar
HP 60
Defense 12
Attack +7
Damage 10
Unique. Pilot.
Synergy (+2 Attack and +2 Defense while an allied character whose name contains Ackbar is within 6 squares)
Relay Orders