RegisterDonateLogin

Twin suns got you down? Cool off with Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Map Tactics: Mining Colony Upper Level Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:30:12 AM
Groups: Member

New restricted map!
Maplist Restricted A (The Civilian Sector)

I will update after I gather more information from the community.
So what are your map tactics for this one people?
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:28:40 AM

What's up with the red doors in the middle area connecting the ducts to the rooms? I assume we play them like doors, but I'm sure it will cause some confusion
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:30:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yes, same as the ones on Command Deck, though the ones on Command Deck are not in the middle of the action like these are.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 9:23:19 PM

This was actually the melee map of choice in our regional. Both the Sith and the Vong player often chose it. For good reason. Gambit is tucked away through the vents where melee pieces can lurk and gain the advantage that shooters must come into their range to claim gambit. This was the map of my championship game where I played Grievous's wheelbike and snipers/spotters against a Vong New Lah and warriors team. I chose the starship side for quick run to gambit as well as being able to use the size of Grievous's wheelbike to run interference in quarantine against the Vong that were stuck in the vents. Best place to set up against a melee team is just to the left of that cart with medpacks. That way anyone who wants to come in and attack you has to take the attack of opportunity. My opponent blocked up the vents with his own Tsao beasts and prevented me from doing some vent cleaning. But holding his forces at bay I managed to buy the snipers time to get in adjacent to the vents in quarantine and spam shots on the Vong. It truly is about controlling the vents. Also in the Sith Krayt/Talon/Ommin versus republic commando game the Sith player set up in the circulating fan room adjacent to the door so that any who advanced to even shoot had to take the 10 damage as well as being able to send winding force activations down the central vents. Pretty cool map but being that I want more huges in the game and not less I don't really like it being on the restricted. Melee teams however love it.