RegisterDonateLogin

Dark Lord of the Fridge.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bombad Gungan Options
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:17:34 PM
Groups: Member

Based on the wording it seems like Bombad Gungan is a must and not a choice (which makes sense). But if there is only one redirect target, can the player controlling jarjar choose to take the attack on jarjar and not redirect the shot if he succeeds on the bombad roll?
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:25:12 PM

Hmm I forget why, but the answer to this question is going to frustrate me some how.

(Whenever an enemy targets him, this character must attempt a save of 11. On a success, the attack is redirected to another character of your choice within 6 squares. If no other character is within 6 squares, the attack is negated.)

It seems like the attack is forced to be "redirected to another character of your choice within 6 squares."
If there is another character as a possible targets then you must.

Still hate it...
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:23:51 PM

Obviously man, I was there when the discussion came up : ) The wording seems to indicate one thing...but then again the wording also says attacks and we know it does alot more than that. I was looking for a more official response...and wotc forums weren't available at the time...just want to make sure I understand the ability right.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 12:33:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here's one link that says you have to target an ally, but not specifically that it's required:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1101006&highlight=bombad+gungan

I would have to agree with Nightwalker and for his reasoning. It's not optional and you must target another character since Jar Jar himself does not count as another character. (like a commander not counting as an ally for it's own CE)
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 2:59:31 AM

Yeah, but it is really funny to see boba disintegrate himself :)
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 4:42:06 AM

Boba says: OOPS MY GUN EXPLODED!!!
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 4:49:36 AM

either that or he was like, "why is this thing jammed(looking down the barrel), oooops,"
Omnus
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 9:09:10 AM

It's obvious in the definaition that you have to roll but I am trying to find out if their is any official word saying ajarkar has to redirect (just want to be sure).

For example, if a character with djem so gets attacked by a melee character, djem so is not a choice, but you don't have to make an attack because you made the roll.

As it stands I would say Jarjar has to redirect if the question came up in a game I was judging but I am hoping to find some other official word this is right. May be important in an upcoming regional. Bombad Gungan always seems to defy logic and I don't like to guess.

I know nickname was playing on doing a full faq for bombad gungan but not sure if it ever happened.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 12:13:26 PM

I dont know that was a long time ago, he might have already done it, or isnt going to.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:24:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I believe it is stated in the ability. The attack must be redirected, if there is no other target, the attack is negated.