RegisterDonateLogin

I would not eat them with some Wookiees. I do not like Bloo Milk and cookies!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Building with Han Corellian Legend Options
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:03:15 PM
Groups: Member

I really like this piece - 90 accurate damage at +16 is impressive. But at the same time, I haven't quite figured out how to use him. He obviously needs to be paired with Wedge, but after that I'm not sure. Do you go TBSV for GMA or Ganner for Levitation - it's hard to fit both?

You can plug him into a Solo Charge type build like Nader did - maybe I'd sub some override in for Kol - but you miss out on Lobot, and generally have low activations:

--Solo Charge 2015--
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 Anakin Solo
23 General Wedge Antilles
14 Kol Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
(200pts. 11 activations)

I've been tossing around ideas like this:

--Han and Mara--
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
27 Mara Jade, Smuggler
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
9 General Dodonna
(200pts. 8 activations)

But it I don't know if I like having Ganner and TBSV - it's a lot of points for mobility. It also feels like it needs some melee interference.

Ideas?
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:42:29 PM

Was gonna throw my idea out there, but i put him in an epic squad lol, but on that note, i put him with boba and mandalore the ultimate to get twin on him... Also i personally prefer using garm to get GMA, as he is technically cheaper allowing you to grab some extra noobs to bolster your squad also
Echo24
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 6:52:06 AM

He definitely isn't easy to build for, he's more of a step in a new direction than the basis for a squad on his own. The biggest problem is that you really do want to play him, Wedge, and a TBSV together, but that's 86 points already: I think you do still want Ganner, so then you're up to 115 with 4 characters and all Opportunist damage. Add Lobot and Dodonna and you only have 49 points left and really have just one big attacker. Here's something I came up for him:

--Han and Wedge, together again--
32 Chewbacca, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

Kol keeps you going against Bastila and makes Ganner a 50 Damage dealer himself when you don't want to levitate. You really want Han to take some damage first before Chewie starts using Bodyguard to keep him alive, so that Chewie gets pumped up. Then you have 2 heavy shooters and a nice secondary shooter, but Han and Wedge need Opportunist and you don't have a ton of activations (you'll probably need to go with all 3-pointers from Lobot pretty often).

You can also drop the Mouse, Kol, and Lobot, and add the Klat Captain, Salacious Crumb, and 7 Mice/Uggies. That gives you the same number of activations and gives Han and Chewie speed 8 and another small attacker (Klat is good at clearing screens with Splash 10 as long as you aren't facing Accurate Shot so you can keep him safe). You lose Override and the flexibility from Lobot, but if you're usually going to go for max activations with Lobot anyway, losing him isn't too terrible.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:56:15 AM

As we prepare for round 1 in Chicago, here is my answer to the query...

I'm running...

"Flying Solo"

Han CL
Kyle Katarn
Gen Wedge
R2PO
Jan Ors
Leia CoS
Dodonna
TBSV
R7
Uggie X2
MSD

We'll see how it does soon.
gholli69
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:45:52 AM

I recently ran a squad with Han and Gen. wedge with boba asssn. for hire and luke galactic hero as my melee interference and a wraith squadron pilot as a scrub killer. I played on Jabbas palace versus a talon Karrde squad that featured rodian assns. Klat assn. and alto stratus and some genosian elite warriors I think. whatever the nonunique genosian with the sonic attack ability is. I was able to park wedge and Han in gambit behind a wall and then made my opponent come to me as I used boba and luke to pop in and out of cover and take shots on him as he advanced and ran the wraith out to try and kill some of his Rodians and klat. assns, but unfortunately rolled a 1 on the wraiths first att. and then instead of taking advantage of his rolling attacks he just died, however the rest of the gang was still able to handle business and I pulled out the win.
saber1
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2015 9:29:19 PM

Echo24 wrote:
He definitely isn't easy to build for, he's more of a step in a new direction than the basis for a squad on his own. The biggest problem is that you really do want to play him, Wedge, and a TBSV together, but that's 86 points already: I think you do still want Ganner, so then you're up to 115 with 4 characters and all Opportunist damage. Add Lobot and Dodonna and you only have 49 points left and really have just one big attacker. Here's something I came up for him:

--Han and Wedge, together again--
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

Kol keeps you going against Bastila and makes Ganner a 50 Damage dealer himself when you don't want to levitate. You really want Han to take some damage first before Chewie starts using Bodyguard to keep him alive, so that Chewie gets pumped up. Then you have 2 heavy shooters and a nice secondary shooter, but Han and Wedge need Opportunist and you don't have a ton of activations (you'll probably need to go with all 3-pointers from Lobot pretty often).

You can also drop the Mouse, Kol, and Lobot, and add the Klat Captain, Salacious Crumb, and 7 Mice/Uggies. That gives you the same number of activations and gives Han and Chewie speed 8 and another small attacker (Klat is good at clearing screens with Splash 10 as long as you aren't facing Accurate Shot so you can keep him safe). You lose Override and the flexibility from Lobot, but if you're usually going to go for max activations with Lobot anyway, losing him isn't too terrible.

I haven't played in a long, long time so take this with a grain of salt. Zekk is an interesting sub for Ganner. At that point, a Pilot focus is appealing, making Jagged Fel a worthwhile sub for Dodonna.

-Name TBD-
31 Zekk
27 Lobot
10 Jagged Fel

(200pts. 8 activations)
fingersandteeth
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:38:48 PM

I came 3rd in the Chicago regional with this

--NR HAN DROP--
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
10 Figrin D'an
9 General Dodonna

(200pts. 8 activations)

figrin is in there as poor mans disruptive but he could easily be 3 activations and the more versatile squad would probably not have him.
Leia is there for force sense in this meta because its big and it payed off in my first game. The double saves is also a great tool for so many things as well as giving Han an advantage in any shooting battles. Chewie fills his role as damage sink very well. Because of the dual areas of protective he's pretty easy to start doing 80 dmg levitate smash. 80 dmg is a pretty nice total for a figure that is there mainly to make sure han and leia stay alive.
Hans boosts to wedge are excellent. He is a totally different fig running side by side with han. Not only does he get 22 def and 12 attack from synergy but the twin opportunist makes him a legitimate offensive threat.
Its a versatile and deceptively tough build. Several decent threats.

Its interesting that it is a back-of-the-round squad unless you manage to enrage chewy which most players don't give you the chance to do as chewie tends to be target #1.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:34:44 PM

fingersandteeth wrote:
I came 3rd in the Chicago regional with this

--NR HAN DROP--
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
10 Figrin D'an
9 General Dodonna

(200pts. 8 activations)

figrin is in there as poor mans disruptive but he could easily be 3 activations and the more versatile squad would probably not have him.
Leia is there for force sense in this meta because its big and it payed off in my first game. The double saves is also a great tool for so many things as well as giving Han an advantage in any shooting battles. Chewie fills his role as damage sink very well. Because of the dual areas of protective he's pretty easy to start doing 80 dmg levitate smash. 80 dmg is a pretty nice total for a figure that is there mainly to make sure han and leia stay alive.
Hans boosts to wedge are excellent. He is a totally different fig running side by side with han. Not only does he get 22 def and 12 attack from synergy but the twin opportunist makes him a legitimate offensive threat.
Its a versatile and deceptively tough build. Several decent threats.

Its interesting that it is a back-of-the-round squad unless you manage to enrage chewy which most players don't give you the chance to do as chewie tends to be target #1.
This is the type of squad I love to see it uses old figures with new figures. I am starting to like where the game is headed, the game is too random for my liking and has killed my play style. Thanks for posting this Deri.
Its really glad to hear squads like this can still play.