RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build strong bones and healthy initiative rolls.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LOS as Compared to Targeting Options
Doogle126
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:51:18 AM
Groups: Member

Question, can i use Camaasi Nobles to hide my mandalorian scouts, and not have them picked off, Because in last week's tourney, people were complaining about me using them in this way, but i'm sure that the rules say LOS and not target, what is the difference, and can I use them as personal Cover?
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:53:37 AM

Yes, you can hide behind them and they not die, it is line of sight just like Recon,

so yes noble does not die and the scout remains cloaked, unless of course they have sniper.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:06:00 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ok...let's look at the difference between LOS (line of sight) and Target...

line of sight: A character can see a target that it has line of sight to. Walls block line of sight. To determine line of sight, draw an imaginary line between any point in one character’s space and any point in the other character’s space. If any such line is not blocked by a wall, then the two characters have line of sight to each other. The line is clear if it doesn’t intersect or even touch walls.

target: An enemy character chosen for an attack, special ability, or Force power. Line of sight and cover are determined by drawing lines to the target’s space. A square itself can’t be a target.

LOS is just that, what the character can "see". LOS is not currently affected by special abilities, force powers or commander effects. (hence why you can "see" Cloaked and Invisible characters!)

Targeting has an extra limitation: the character must be a legal target according to the rules. Now you take into account all the SAs, FPs and CEs. Also notice that one little word in the "target" definition: cover. (Now you should understand why Cloaked, Stealth and "Super Stealth" work.)

Since you will have a Diplomat in front of a character with Cloaked, as long as the opponent's character has LOS to both, he will not be able to attack the Diplomat (due to the Diplomat SA limitation) nor the Cloaked character (due to the Cloaked SA limitation given by cover from the Diplomat). However, as pointed out, if the attacker has Sniper, he will ignore the cover gained from the Diplomat and the Cloaked figure will not benefit from cover unless it is from terrain.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:53:10 AM

which is another reason why Leia is so much better is because, if you force spirit her, and the enemy can see the force spirit, the enemy cant attack leia.