RegisterDonateLogin

Allergy Alert: May contain Bantha hair.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How to play YoBuck? Options
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:55:47 AM
Groups: Member

So MAINEiac and I played last night, Republic vs Separatists.

I used YoBuck(along with 2 Gungans, and the 4 Republic Commandos) in it on the new Rattatak Arena map. He had Count Dooku of Serenno and Durge(from CW set), as well as a couple droids and Neimodian Warriors.

I had my butt handed to me. YoBuck of course was the first to go down(I think). Dooku and Durge made very short work of him.

Is he best against non-uniques with range attacks? Dooku and Durge both made short work of him. Of course it could have been bad rolls on my part, good rolls on MAINEiac's part, but wondering what strategy others use with YoBuck.

The map seemed to suit him as there was a nice large central area where he could run around.

Of course, could be the player not the character, since I thought YoBuck was pretty rad.
Boba52
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:22:38 AM

Well, I always look at it like it isn't any one piece, but your squad synergy that you need to focus on. Yoda has a lot of tricks, but you didn't take advantage of his best one and that is he is a follower. That means in Republic you have access to GOWK's CE, or Padme's extra attack or swap with Panaka, things like this to increase the damage output and survivability. Yobuck excels at scrub killing and movement so he can get behind you opponents big beats with the help of say, R2 Astro, to take out you opponents Commanders to weaken his squad. In your scenario you had a couple big guys against Yoda and at best you have one attack with Gallop and end your turn to get another or don't move and get double. That is not good especially when your opponent regens for one of your attacks lol. This is where upping your damage potential with guys like Dash and Rex come into play. As a rule when making a squad I look at my main core and see if they can get to 120 damage in a single round (don't count scrubs or commanders when figuring the damage potential) that way when you get a chance to take on a Dooku or a Durge you have the ability to wipe them out in a round and not have to hope for init the next round to get them or not.Wink
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:36:01 AM

Thanks. That really helps. Dooku's Makashi is pretty killer too I think. Hmm. I didn't have any commander effects that affected everyone, just RC-Boss' effect which affects his own cadre. We were doing 150 points, I guess I could have use GOWK, but wanted to go for more activations. Of course, if we played a map with less open area, I would've swapped YoBuck out for Anakin, Jedi and Shaak Ti.

Unfortunately, I don't have Rex, R2, Padme, or Panaka.... I suppose eventually I should get those. lol.

I keep your advice in mind when building any squad though. I do think Asajj Ventress-Assassin will be a staple in any Separatist squad.... perhaps pair her with Aurra Sing-Jedi Hunter....

Thanks again.
Boba52
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:13:08 AM

Yep and remember, I am not saying you need any of those pieces to play YOBUCK. I am just saying Yoda, because of his low damage output, is more of a finesse piece. You can't just trot him in the arena and go here's my 160hp and 20 def. what are you going to do about it? He is more of a hit and run type piece. I imagine Durge standing there and Yoda whizzing by and hitting him and then Durge looks around and goes what was that and where did it go (as you are hiding out of LOS)BigGrin

As for Ventress, she is a really nice piece. The problem is with squad synergy again and until the Seps get a decent commander effect for the living peeps they still aren't ready to challenge Rebels, Republic, NR, or Imps just yet...but they are getting closer.