49 The Jedi Exile
23 Jedi Crusader
19 Old Republic Captain
17 T3-M4
32 Old Republic Soldier x4
5 Old Republic Guard
6 Mouse Droid x2
(200pts. 12 activations)

I just wanted to build a OR squad with the new set coming out based on the story of the mandolorian/jedi civil wars from kotor.

Malak gives everyone +4 attack, the captain gives Old republic figures +3 defense, exile gives everyone either double or triple attack, T3-M4 is door control, and then of course the mouse droids to extend the CE's.

Let me know what you think.ThumbsUp
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:30:38 AM
Groups: Member

I have always been partial to Old Republic Guards, so I would put them in instead of Old Republic Soldiers. I like the squad, it has commanders that can fight and some good fodder. I do not really play competitively, though, so I do not really know how well it would do against other squads.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:50:16 PM

Not a big fan of the Soldiers, put in some Guards instead. Other than that, looks great to me.
MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:31:25 PM

I dont really understand why,Confused the soldiers do twice the damage and and have a higher attack,ThumpUp the only thing the guards have going for them is their defense but that is only 1 higher then the soldiers. I guess i could use the guards for combining fire but I should not really have to do that cause of malaks +4 attack. But if i did do swap out for guards here is the way i would do it.Mellow

--Malak and the Exile--
49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
49 The Jedi Exile
23 Jedi Crusader
19 Old Republic Captain
17 T3-M4
16 Old Republic Soldier x2
20 Old Republic Guard x4
6 Mouse Droid x2
(199pts. 13 activations)
defender390
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 4:02:06 AM

The reason I do not like Old Republic Soldiers is because I am paying three points to gain +1 attack, -1 defense, and +10 damage. That is not worth the points in my opinion. I generally use low cost troopers and soldiers to kill other troopers and soldiers, so the damage does not make much of a difference. Also, defense is much harder to raise than attack in this game. Using what the Old Republic has, you can achieve a +3 defense and +8 attack through commander effects. I would take defense over attack any day. That may just be me, though. I tend to play defensively rather than offensively. It all comes down to personal preference.