27 Lobot
19 Wookiee Elite Warrior
18 Klatooinian Captain
14 Old Republic Senator
12 Gha Nachkt
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x3

(200pts. 12 activations)

2015 Indiana Regional winning squad. Excellent counter squad with melee/shooter balance. Has great matchups vs CE heavy squads that it can also out-activate (Thrawn swap, etc). Struggles against beefy rock squads with excellent door control. Got the right matchups to get the championship. Rated it an 8. Surprise MVP was Shoaneb Culu. Excellent piece.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:09:02 PM
Groups: Member

The most interesting thing for me if how important Force Sense is at the moment - it's something I've never really paid attention to before, but this season it seems super important and a lot of winning squads have featured it. So much super-stealth around with Republic Commandos, Klat BSVs, Elite Scout Troopers (although they have a bubble), etc that anything good with Force Sense is suddenly a superstar.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:21:14 PM

TheHutts wrote:
The most interesting thing for me if how important Force Sense is at the moment - it's something I've never really paid attention to before, but this season it seems super important and a lot of winning squads have featured it. So much super-stealth around with Republic Commandos, Klat BSVs, Elite Scout Troopers (although they have a bubble), etc that anything good with Force Sense is suddenly a superstar.

That's what sold me on Shoaneb.

That being said - didn't use it once all day.

Due simply to match-ups of course. (and some maps helped too)

But the strength of some stealth (and of course super stealth) squads are so powerful now that you have to have a way to deal with them or lose.

I think Republic Commandos are the true gatekeeper squad this season.

(PS - Many people, and especially for some reason you Kiwis, use the word "gatekeeper" completely wrong. A gatekeeper in terms of our game is a squad that is powerful, but not necessarily the best squad out there. BUUUUUUUTTTT - You HAVE to have a way to deal with it or you are hosed.

The CDO squads (which kept being called the NZ gatekeeper, incorrectly) was simply the best squad around.

Think about the term - "Gatekeeper". You have to be able to beat the gatekeeper to break into the kingdom of top tier. Daman's CDO/Durge squad (pre-nerf) was the KING of the Kingdom. Would you put the king down by the gate to protect it? NO! That would be silly.

So - back on topic - Force Sense is a vital tool to compete with this year's gatekeepers.

ThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:05:12 PM

Nice great job! Cool to see so many diverse regional winners!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:31:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TimmerB123 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

That's what sold me on Shoaneb.

That being said - didn't use it once all day.

Due simply to match-ups of course. (and some maps helped too)

But the strength of some stealth (and of course super stealth) squads are so powerful now that you have to have a way to deal with them or lose.

I think Republic Commandos are the true gatekeeper squad this season.

(PS - Many people, and especially for some reason you Kiwis, use the word "gatekeeper" completely wrong. A gatekeeper in terms of our game is a squad that is powerful, but not necessarily the best squad out there. BUUUUUUUTTTT - You HAVE to have a way to deal with it or you are hosed.

The CDO squads (which kept being called the NZ gatekeeper, incorrectly) was simply the best squad around.

Think about the term - "Gatekeeper". You have to be able to beat the gatekeeper to break into the kingdom of top tier. Daman's CDO/Durge squad (pre-nerf) was the KING of the Kingdom. Would you put the king down by the gate to protect it? NO! That would be silly.

So - back on topic - Force Sense is a vital tool to compete with this year's gatekeepers.

ThumbsUp

I think the King Squad can be a gatekeeper. To me, a gatekeeper is a squad you have build for. If a squad is the best but you don't need to specifically build to counter it, it's not a gatekeeper. If the best squad also happens to be one that you need to specifically build against, then it's also a gatekeeper.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:47:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I agree with FlyingArrow, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:17:27 PM

good squad. I considered a version of this to GC.

Obviously, the wookiee and R7 would have become mice to max activations (25 base). I felt the grievous squad i ran was a bit tougher, had higher base activation's and had accurate shot, but it was one of my finalists.