RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 20% more midichlorians.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Banned Characters Options
JokNok72
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 11:39:47 AM
Groups: Member

I heard from my friend that certain characters are banned and/or errata-ed, but I can't find a list of these characters and changes online. Does anyone know where I can find an updated list of any banned characters or other character changes (especially v-set characters?
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 12:18:31 PM
Groups: Member

These pieces have currently been removed from competitive play, and are undergoing assessment. I'd expect them to come back in an altered form later:
Poggle the Lesser
Klatooinian Assassin
Commando Droid Officer

Other recent changes:
Ysalamari has been toned down, so you can use force points to respond to attacks if you're outside the bubble, and someone attacks you from within the bubble
Floor rules have been changed to stop rapport from reducing costs of pieces below 3. So you can't spam Gha Nachkt and a whole lot of 2 point Mouse Droids.

The balance committee is also considering a bunch of other tweaks, including more on the Mouse Droid, the Imperial Governor, etc, but those won't be in place for a while.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 12:20:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

"Press Release" halfway down in this thread:
http://www.bloomilk.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=18098

Currently banned:
Commando Droid Officer
Klatooinian Assassin
Poggle the Lesser

Errata:
Snowtrooper Officer
Admiral Daala
Zygerrian Slaver

The new stats for those pieces are in the database here at bloomilk.

There are also a few errata from the Wizards of the Coast pieces, but those are mostly typos, pretty obvious, and/or on pieces that aren't often played.

Floor Rules Changes:

Rapport can reduce a character's cost to a minimum of 3 (as opposed to a minimum of 1, as specified in the glossary).
Ysalamiri: Characters within 6 squares cannot spend Force points. This character and characters within 6 squares cannot be affected by Force powers. (was: gain Force Immunity)
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 12:39:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

And depending on how far back Soresu Style Mastery is back to working on all attacks.

As for where to consistently find these rulings? That's harder, I wish there was a sticky in rules or general with this information. (there sort of is, but its out of date)