RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The New Zealand Vassal Tournament 2015: The Knockouts! Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:31:46 PM
Groups: Member

ATM and I had our first game. He played Prof Luke's Art Class and I played Cin/Serra/Quin/Rex. He won the map roll so we played on Rhen Var. After time went, I was up 146-50 (with gambit), so I'm currently up in our mini-series with a 2pt win.

We'll get another game in at some point.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:33:32 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
ATM and I had our first game. He played Prof Luke's Art Class and I played Cin/Serra/Quin/Rex. He won the map roll so we played on Rhen Var. After time went, I was up 146-50 (with gambit), so I'm currently up in our mini-series with a 2pt win.

We'll get another game in at some point.

The struggle is real...
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 1:21:33 PM

Just finished my game with Darth Moore, I picked up the 3pt win 200-114 on a concession. He ran Cane and Able and I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/161674/or-pilots-2015

We played on his Map, Anchorhead.

Yes I became the thing I hate for a round. I took the mice in the base squad because I knew that he had a squad that featured Marn and Tyber Zann and I wanted to protect myself. With him running this, I elected to go with the Muun, an R7, a mouse, and an uggie. I was able to hurt Bane early and get him down to 70 HP, Vergere then healed him back up to 90 and Bane came storming into gambit. Shoaneb Culu not afraid of the big bad wolf charged in and based him. She attacked, hit, made the illusion save, Bane at 60. Bane made his Djem So save, Culu at 50, she riposted, put Bane at 40, missed Djem So, twin from the origional attack, Bane to 20, made Djem So, Culu to 10, Twin from the Riposte kills Bane. Bane fails Djem So. Culu then dies to Caedus next round but successfully puts 20 damage on him with her dying Riposte. Atton goes pow pow, Caedus goes fake me, Atton makes a save, Caedus pulls Atton in, puts him at 20 remaining, Atton gets 30 more through before dying. Senator traps Caedus in a square with no exit, Carth runs in, gets him down to 30 by making an illusion save, then takes 40, twins, misses his illusion saves, runs away so as not to die and Caedus is trapped at which point he concedes.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:11:13 PM

Me and spryguy1981 just played our game in the semi round of Knockouts. He ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/161799/dr-damans-daala. I ran Boba, Talon Karrde, Thrawn, Lobot, Marn, Ozzel, Mas, Gha, 4 mice. 12 base acts. Brought in 15 mice so I led on acts. I won map which my map was ruined base. I won, got a 2 pt win score was 101 - 24. So we are on to game #2.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:46:02 AM

Just played Ultrastar and it was basically the exact same squads except I dropped Needa to up my activations so I could outactivate him. Because I was able to outactivate I was able to get the full 3pt win to move on with a final score of 200-45 on Commander's Office. Got Thrawn round 2 with being able to draw LoS' on him with 8 troopers, and took out his Bodyguard. Round 3 Boba killed 2 Raxus and I was then able to get outside of Talon's Bubble, kill him, then use the other several Raxus and the Sled to drop Boba. Got Marn round 4 to give me 190 + 10 gambit end of game.
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:39:32 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
A ticket to Chicago around GenCon time.

Indianapolis, would get you closer to the big EVENT
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:43:37 PM

atmsalad and I just had our final match. He played Durge, Cad BH and Assaj, and I played...Naboo Deathshots. Cad died in a blaze of glory, then Durge. At that point ATM conceded, with just a 30hp Assaj left on the board. It was 130-38 at the time.

Really, those Naboo guys...they should feel ashamed for being so hard on scissor pieces.

So I guess I'm on to the next round against...someone. But that won't happen until after GenCon.
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:16:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Okay.

So, I was talking to someone last night about Bloomilk and I stumbled on the fact that I had completely left the NZ Vassal Tournament untouched for ages. Bad on me, but I thought I needed to clarify my reasons for absence and the apparent forgetting on this awesome tournament. Firstly, however, kudos to everyone who played and supported the thing. It was a blast and I loved the energy that came from it.

Right. I have left this largely untouched for over two months because, truth is, I can't stand Bloomilk. This is a horrifying thing to admit for me because Bloomilk has been the home of minis for me since I discovered the game seven years ago. Not only have I posted a gazillion times, become a mod, and made some awesome friends here, I have also led a heap of NZ players this way. For the longest time, Bloomilk has been home.

It's sad when home gets ruined. There have been some individuals that have made this website something I hate to look at because I come away so angry and frustrated at their ridiculous opinions and inability to discuss things with any sense of grace. The result - I just ignore this place. Have done largely for the last coupl'a months and will continue to do so. I might come here to look at squad stuff or whatever, but I just don't care about this website anymore. I'm not the only kiwi that thinks that certain folk have dragged this website into the mire, either. And, I am directing all the new NZ players far, far away from here.

Anyhoo. That is me. That is my reasoning for seemingly disappearing. If you need to contact me, hopefully we are facebook friends. I wouldn't bother replying to this because I won't check it. So long, bloomilk. Sorry you got stupid.
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:16:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Okay.

So, I was talking to someone last night about Bloomilk and I stumbled on the fact that I had completely left the NZ Vassal Tournament untouched for ages. Bad on me, but I thought I needed to clarify my reasons for absence and the apparent forgetting on this awesome tournament. Firstly, however, kudos to everyone who played and supported the thing. It was a blast and I loved the energy that came from it.

Right. I have left this largely untouched for over two months because, truth is, I can't stand Bloomilk. This is a horrifying thing to admit for me because Bloomilk has been the home of minis for me since I discovered the game seven years ago. Not only have I posted a gazillion times, become a mod, and made some awesome friends here, I have also led a heap of NZ players this way. For the longest time, Bloomilk has been home.

It's sad when home gets ruined. There have been some individuals that have made this website something I hate to look at because I come away so angry and frustrated at their ridiculous opinions and inability to discuss things with any sense of grace. The result - I just ignore this place. Have done largely for the last coupl'a months and will continue to do so. I might come here to look at squad stuff or whatever, but I just don't care about this website anymore. I'm not the only kiwi that thinks that certain folk have dragged this website into the mire, either. And, I am directing all the new NZ players far, far away from here.

Anyhoo. That is me. That is my reasoning for seemingly disappearing. If you need to contact me, hopefully we are facebook friends. I wouldn't bother replying to this because I won't check it. So long, bloomilk. Sorry you got stupid.