RegisterDonateLogin

Is a one-man wrecking crew.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How to sell 4000+ SWM? Options
sculley
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:51:38 PM
Groups: Member

I'm going to be selling a significant portion of my collection in the coming months. I have SWM from Rebel Storm up to Force Unleashed. I was originally going to put everything up on eBay but I'm finding that eBay isn't what it once was. Also, I'm out of touch with the SWM online community and probably was last active on the Wizards boards around the time of Force Unleashed. Thoughts?
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:55:19 PM

sculley wrote:
I'm going to be selling a significant portion of my collection in the coming months. I have SWM from Rebel Storm up to Force Unleashed. I was originally going to put everything up on eBay but I'm finding that eBay isn't what it once was. Also, I'm out of touch with the SWM online community and probably was last active on the Wizards boards around the time of Force Unleashed. Thoughts?

Are you selling them as a lot? A lot of people are looking for minis, but price and availability are big motivators. I don't want to low ball anyone, but I don't want to pay a lot for mini's either.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:56:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Miniature Market and Cool Stuff buy collections. There are a couple users here who do, too. They might contact you.
sculley
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:06:42 PM

I was originally going to post them on eBay individually for VR and R, and then in groups for UC and C, but then I did the eBay math - super expensive! They really hammer you with fees etc now. I don't want to sell them in lots because it will probably mean less money for me, and well, I'd like to maximize that given that I probably spent $7000 on the collection. Also, I'm in no hurry to dispense with the collection - it's been somewhat of a tortured decision. I'm not even sure at this point exactly what I do want to sell because I'm thinking that I'd like to keep all of the stuff related to the original trilogy, especially my Hoth and Endor specific collection (I think I have over 200 Ewoks alone). I'm just trying to get a feel for how I might best go about this. Thanks.
sculley
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:08:29 PM

Also, I've been preparing for this for a while. I've got a ton of small boxes and a weigh scale etc.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:10:55 PM

Gumtree, or an auction house (they sell the lot via a range of ways, and will sell it all at once, for less than actual Ebay or Alibaba).
A recent similar collection barely made $2300 for 3800 minis in lot -
hopefully you achieve the result you're envisaging, and blocking the lots into smaller units with a higher total price could achieve closer to the 3-4K range you might have as a goal.

FFG players might be wanting to snap that up also,
fingers crossed for you.

|A local reported an 1100 mixed minis collection stolen 9months ago,
and it barely made 1800 on the insurance, even though it was insured for 'market/replace value' of 2300
I thought I'd share that also for folks, because insured value also can help at some auction places.
(I've sold 500 unit lots in the past, and achieved that miraculous 'break even' point hehehe) |
sculley
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:21:34 PM

I'd be happy with $1 a mini on average. I think it's possible given the nature of my collection. For non-unique VR and R minis I tended to collect 4 of each. Also, I've got some more desirable (IMO) minis in larger quantities that are still bagged. I realize that I've got zero credibility (thus far) on Bloo Milk, but perhaps this would be the best place. I'd probably prefer to deal directly with active gamers rather than sell through a third party. What other sites/forums are there that cater to SWM fans?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:30:21 PM

For the actual SWM game, this is pretty much the main hub. There are a couple other sites but it's pretty much the same crowd. (E.g. swmgamers.com). There are some on boardgamegeek who aren't here, though. There are some other players out there who aren't on this site, but there isn't another online community out there for the game. Depending on what you have, you might find a market in the IA players.
SignerJ
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:39:48 PM

Posting a "Trade" thread on BlooMilk might help you sell some individual pieces.
Otherwise, I think FlyingArrow's covered everything.
sculley
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 6:12:07 AM

Thanks guys. I'll plan it all out and start with a post on this forum.
sculley
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 7:20:49 AM

Just rediscovered my old blog where I posted a few of my completed maps from back when I was making custom ones back in 2007-2008. That was a lot of fun. Missing from the list is my almost epic recreation of Palpatine's Office, and a few other things I was working on at the time.

http://swmmaps.blogspot.ca
sculley
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 7:47:52 AM

Just so that I'm clear... this is called a "trade" thread, but I can sell minis as well right?

And, if I enter my collection into Bloo Milk's database, can others see it? That would be helpful.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 8:15:35 AM

Yes, you can sell here.
Yes, if you enter your collection others can see it. Though a common error is to paste a link to the "edit" view of a collection. Others can't see that. Make sure you paste the public-viewable link.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:10:03 AM

sculley wrote:
Just rediscovered my old blog where I posted a few of my completed maps from back when I was making custom ones back in 2007-2008. That was a lot of fun. Missing from the list is my almost epic recreation of Palpatine's Office, and a few other things I was working on at the time.

http://swmmaps.blogspot.ca

This one? Smile

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=24FF31140263D0A4%211669&cid=24FF31140263D0A4&group=0#id=24FF31140263D0A4%211674&cid=24FF31140263D0A4&group=0
sculley
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:55:05 AM

Wow. Yep, that's it. Where/how did you find this?

I total forgot that I'd added the bedroom and archives. I'd intended to add the long hall with pillars that you can see Anakin running from towards the office in ROTS, and eventually the landing platform and pillared entranceway - as a separate playable level that led to the, uh, turbo lifts(?).

I still have all these files in their raw Photoshop format. As I recall, I'd begun work on a two-level Jabba's Sail Barge before I stopped making maps. I had all kinds of other crazy stuff planned. I made a 4x8' (yes, feet) Endor map with the Imperial Base map at the centre. I was going to do a series of Geonosis maps, Jabba's Palace, Echo Base (to scale), etc.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 12:42:20 PM

I downloaded as many as I could of the maps that Nickname and his friend were hosting on The Holocron before the site finally was taken down. I tossed them onto a file share so people could continue to enjoy them.

Good stuff, sir. ThumpUp

sculley
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 3:24:16 PM

Cool. Thanks for the kudos. I hope someone at least enjoyed them! I think I spent twice as much time making maps for SWM as I did playing SWM.
slobiscuit
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:11:48 PM

Have you decided on whether you're still going to sell off your collection? I'd be interested if so...