RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

200 pt Sith or Old Republic Theme fight Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 2:11:12 PM
Groups: Member

So apparently I'm playing a themed game in two weeks and frankly I haven't played either faction since 2009. I'm at a total loss as to what pieces to play. I'm most likely going to wind up as OR but Sith is a possibility. I peeked at the latest squads being built and They're All Imps or Seps, with the occasional Rebels or Republic squads. Whats the best squads of the two factions and what am I likely to face?

"Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope ..... "
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 2:50:16 PM

I think Caedus is generally Sith's best option, since Sith Battle Manipulation is a very powerful tool. This build made 2nd at Gencon this year: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/143449/dance-of-death--ubertank--2nd-place-gencon-2015-

Old Republic's best builds are still probably Bastila JM, with mid-range attackers (eg some of Carth, Atton, Satele, Sylvar Betrayed Jedi, Kerra Holt) and an OR Senator.

General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:08:54 PM

For random but cool:

Bastilla
New Bao Dur
Gha Nahkt
Zann Consortium Droidekas

My current favourite for them.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 4:06:34 PM

Just found out I'm doing the OR so this should be interesting ...
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2015 5:51:26 PM

Another decent OR squad that is fun to run is with Valenthyne Farfalla, Bastilla JM, and the Army of light Jedi lords as they hit for big damage with Bastilla meditation turned on and probably won't face too many shooters vs the sith.
jak
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2015 6:43:39 AM

Army of Light Jedis are the way to go!
they are awesomeThumbsUp
Caedus
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2015 6:52:30 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
So apparently I'm playing a themed game in two weeks and frankly I haven't played either faction since 2009. I'm at a total loss as to what pieces to play. I'm most likely going to wind up as OR but Sith is a possibility. I peeked at the latest squads being built and They're All Imps or Seps, with the occasional Rebels or Republic squads. Whats the best squads of the two factions and what am I likely to face?

Created one if you want Strafe Hate SS. It is a situational squad that may, or may not, be useful.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2015 6:39:24 PM

Caedus wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Created one if you want Strafe Hate SS. It is a situational squad that may, or may not, be useful.

I've seen a few OR squads and my question is how do you handle Exar Kun? Sith Sorcery was a pain last time I played against the Sith?
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:38:08 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

I've seen a few OR squads and my question is how do you handle Exar Kun? Sith Sorcery was a pain last time I played against the Sith?

That all depends on what support pieces he has. He is an absolute beat stick, especially against Force Users, but when he takes damage, he just takes it.