RegisterDonateLogin

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

So... Freedon Nadd Options
Cassus fett
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2015 2:28:13 PM
Groups: Member

I was studying Freedon Nadd (from masters of the force, NOT his Force Spirit from Undying) the other day and i came to two conclusions. 1.) he is underrated as a figure. 2.) i have now F*&%ing clue how to build a squad around him. So i figured i'd send an open invitation and invite you all to throw some ideas out as to what might be effective, I am aware he is not tier 1 tournament material, but i think he has potential, i just don't know what it might beConfused
kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2015 6:02:47 PM

Bait and switch?
pincer squad with Darth Nihilus or Darth Sion?
dynamic duo with Bane?
expensive fodder in Kaan bomb squad?
Gambit defense TKO squad?

This is partly why back in the day, I was happy to trade Nadd away,
I couldn't think of a way to get them to work,
so "Sith be gone!" and it was done BigGrin
He could also be effective if you could somehow get more Cortosis or lightsaber resistant stuff on the squad,
then he'd have a field day.
Cassus fett
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2015 7:24:27 PM

See my thats my problem with him, i look at him and see bunch of great stuff 150hp, 22 def, Rage, Sorcery, Dark Force Spirit. But i look at options to put in a sauad with him and come up blank, hes only got double so hes not a monster beat stick, bummer. his ce is limited to non force users (which baffles me unless its a reference to his time as onderons king), and recipiant has to be within 6 squares. Hes 55 so not too expensive in 200 points. But he is still a nice chunk of the squad. So i just don't know what to do with him
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2015 12:38:15 AM

WOTC era Sith sometimes seems like bad Republic pieces - Krayt, Malak DLotS, and Nadd seem similar to the ~50 point commanders that the Republic also have (eg GOWK, General Skywalker, Grand Master Yoda, Flobi), but the Sith are lacking:
Ranged defense: Sith don't have anything except high defense and hit points. The Republic guys all have Lightsaber Defense or Soresu.
Support pieces: Republic have R2 Astromech as a great movement breaker for 9 points. They also have better shooters than the Sith had (Rex), a better generic Jedi (Jedi Weapon Master is much better than anything the Sith had before the v-sets), Booming Voice, and other useful utility pieces (Ferus Olin for Jedi Bodyguard, Gungan Shieldbearer for Energy Shield etc).

Sith Sorcery is pretty cool on Freedon though. Give him Lightsaber Defense, MOTF2 and Renewal 2, and I reckon he'd be playable. Dash RS is an obvious synergy partner, and Atton 'Jaq' is solid too.
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2015 6:26:30 AM

Maybe something with dessel and gloomwalkers as his CE would help the gloomies hit stuff but not really sure more gloomies isn't a better option than made in that squad type.
Cassus fett
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2015 7:07:31 AM

Yeah I agree on the point about bad republic pieces (i think Malak Dlots is fantastic though), but you're right about Krayt and Nadd. Krayt has VC 6 and thats it for defense, and Nadd doesn't even have that. Krayt's extra attack CE is nice but Nadds just is silly with the kind of No Force Rating pieces that were available to the faction during WOTC era. Thats why Malak's CE is so much better because it is just boardwide +4 to all followers