RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Round 2: The Dark Times vs Masters of the Force Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:11:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

The Dark Times - CorellianComedian
vs
Masters of the Force - FlyingArrow

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (urbanjedi reserves the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

If anyone plans to play this match, please post that you plan to. Others may want to wait to see a play report before voting.

If both players agree to play this out instead of having the community vote, then the vote will be ignored and the results of that match will stand.

Voting ends December 15, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).

===
Currently 5-1 for Dark Times. jak didn't vote.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:32:22 PM

--Dark Times for Mandalore--
43 IG-88, Assassin Droid
34 4-LOM, Droid Mercenary
34 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
72 Mandalorian Jedi Hunter x3
15 Rodian Brute x5

(198pts. 11 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/165395/dark-times-for-mandalore

--Set vs Set: Masters of the Force--
65 Master Windu
42 Kit Fisto, Jedi Master
80 Chiss Trooper x5
13 Gamorrean Bodyguard

(200pts. 8 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/165353/set-vs-set--masters-of-the-force
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 2:06:00 PM
Groups: Member

It seems like Dark Times was made to hunt the unique characters and that combined with range makes me say they are going to win it.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 2:52:43 PM

Played out this simulation on Rhen Var Citadel which is FlyingArrows map. Dark Times starts from the right.

Round 1 both sides advance towards gambit. Each Mando Jedi Hunter Approaches the 3 Doors top, middle, lower.

Round 2 both sides advance into gambit, IG pulse-cannons Kit and the Gammo, Kit saves, Gammo fails. Zuckuss sticks Kit. Mace moves into cover squares below gambit. Jedi Hunters 1 and 2 enter gambit. 3 Opens top door to gambit. 4-L0M moves into gambit room. Gammo 10HP, Kit 100HP,

Round 3 Dark Times wins init, Kit intuitions away to avoid being stuck and 4-L0M kills the Gammo. Chiss Trooper puts 30 on 4-L0M, another kills a Brute. Mace moves within striking distance. Brute opens lower door, Chiss kills Brute. Jedi Hunter moves to lower door to hold it open, Brute opens door. IG kills a Chiss, Chiss kills Brute. Kit moves up towards the Gambit Room. Kit 100, 4-L0M 80

Round 4 Masters wins init, Kit intuitions into the Gambit room and doubles Jedi Hunter 1, 20 gets through. IG opens door for next round, Chiss put 30 on IG. Mace bases Jedi Hunter 1 , hits, parry. Jedi Hunter 1hits Kit once, misses once. Jedi Hunter 2hits Mace twice, takes a critical riposte. 4-LOM kills a Chiss. Kit 70, Mace 70, IG 90, 4-L0M 80, JH2 20, JH 1 40 2 Chiss down.

Round 5 Masters again win init. Kit provokes AoO from JH both miss with Shii-Cho and bases Zuckuss. Zuckuss Intuitions away from Kit and takes 20. Kit bases Zuckuss again hits him for 20. IG Pulse Cannons 2 Chiss, one saves 1 dies. Jedi Hunter 2 twins Mace, hits, Mace ripostes, 2 fails parry and dies. 4-LOM puts 30 on Kit. Zuckuss misses Kit. Jedi Hunter 3 takes out a Chiss, 2 Chiss take out 3. Mace attacks JH1, fails both parries dies. Mace 10, Zuckuss 50, Kit 40, 4L0M 80, all 3 JH dead, 3 Chiss down, 2 Brutes left both adjacent to Mace both fail to hit.

Round 6 Masters wins, Mace provokes AoO from Brutes, both miss and attacks Zuckuss rerolls twice for crit rolls a 1 on 2nd reroll. Brute kills Mace. Kit bases Zuckuss hits for 20. Zuckuss hits Kit for 20. 2 Chiss total put 50 on IG who kills one. 4-LoM kills Kit. Game over final score of 226-127 Dark Times.

Playing on Arrow's Map and winning with Dark Times. I choose to vote for Dark Times.
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:07:55 AM

thanx
that was an awesome play report!ThumbsUp
wish I could remember the details like thatBlushing
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:35:05 PM

My squad is posted above already, so no need for me to repost BigGrin

My map is Bothan Spynet. This allows some nice long lines of sight for the Bounty Hunters, but also plenty of protected approaches if I find myself outgunned.

Strategy: Basically, through no intentional forethought on my part for this particular battle, my squad is designed to beat FlyingArrow's.

If it comes to a ranged fight, the three bounty hunters way out-beef the Chiss Troopers. I can out-act the Chiss with Brutes, denying them opportunist, and hammer them at the end of it with IG. The Jedi Hunters have Stealth, and even approaching from the open hallways they can make it first round into cover of some sort, so they are protected until the Chiss Troopers get within striking distance. The Jedi themselves have no ranged defense other than a Gamorrean Bodyguard and general tankiness, but on Kit's best day IG can still hit him on a roll of 9 or higher.

Once things get to close-quarters fighting, it gets more interesting. I can't swarm Kit or Mace wind the Jedi Hunters and Brutes because of Shii-Cho/Sweep and Repulse, respectively, but the Jedi Hunters should provide enough interference with Parry/Stealth (not to mention an awesome +12 for 30x2 against Jedi) that the Bounty Hunters can blast the Jedi to pieces from behind the Mandos.

Breakdown: the Jedi Hunters are really self-sufficient; containing potent ranged and melee defense. They're each good for about a Chiss Trooper and a half apiece, and are also a nightmare for the Jedi to try and deal with (Statistically speaking, it should take Kit three turns to kill one, and Mace two turns).

The Bounty Hunters are surprisingly beefy for shooters, two of them can easily one-shot Chiss Troopers, and the third can keep a Jedi pinned in the back. They'll own the Masters of the Force at a ranged battle, but are beefy enough to last a little while against the Jedi should they be based - and anyways, the Jedi Hunters provide both cover and melee interference for the Bounty Hunters.

The Brutes allow me to outactivate (just barely), and can be kept in the back to retain that advantage, or if nothing else can be sacrificed to block a hallway or provide cover if the Chiss start getting feisty.

Recap: Spry made my case much more eloquently than I could have, but it comes down to this: the squad does well both at close-quarters and at range. On a map with long lines of sight, the Bounty Hunters can gun down the opposition with ease. On a map with lots of twists and turns, the Jedi Hunters can have a field day while Bounty Hunters park behind them and blast away the opposition. If it comes down to a hand-to-hand brawl, the Bounty Hunters all have high Defense (19+) and high Hit Points (90+), allowing them to take a little bit of a beating and still be just fine.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:27:53 PM

yep I think that DT wins this
juice man
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:40:32 AM

DT. StuckussAngry
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:46:10 AM

Perfect illustration of how WotC screwed up Melee. I win this by rolling crits while my opponent rolls 1s.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 3:26:26 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Perfect illustration of how WotC screwed up Melee. I win this by rolling crits while my opponent rolls 1s.

Yeah... my personal pet peeve is how Parry is WAY better than Lightsaber Block - Parry/Evade should have been save 16 in comparison, or Lightsaber Block/Deflect should have gotten a +4 after Parry/Evade came out, or something.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:41:41 AM

Dark Times wins it.