Round 2: Shadows vs Command of the Galaxy Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:13:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

Shadows + Undying - TheHutts
vs
Command of the Galaxy + Vehicles of War - General_Grievous

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

If anyone plans to play this match, please post that you plan to. Others may want to wait to see a play report before voting.

If both players agree to play this out instead of having the community vote, then the vote will be ignored and the results of that match will stand.

Voting ends December 15, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).
===

Currently 5-3 for Shadows.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 1:57:28 PM
Groups: Member

My squad:

Command of the Galaxy + Vehicles of War

--Separatist Movement--
63 Grievous on Tsmeu-6 Wheel Bike
56 Durge on Speeder
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
13 Todo 360

(199pts. 5 activations)

The Hutts

--Shadow Commandos--
36 Commander Cody, CC-2224
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
26 Elite Republic Commando - Boss
25 Elite Republic Commando - Fixer
25 Elite Republic Commando - Scorch
25 Elite Republic Commando - Sev
20 Blizz
18 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x3
(203pts. 10 activations)

Why I would win:

I pick a nice congested map like Tomb of the Acolytes and set up shop near gambit but just out of sight. Either I win by that alone or when my opponent starts to approach I charge out with a powerful strafe from Durge that could hit anyone in range and still make it back to cover. Grievous as well has a slightly shorter range but would be able to wall climb through any wall the commandos have. I just play defensive and wait with my first round gambit and sooner or later the enemy will come to me. Out activating maybe, but to get gambit he will have to send some or all of his team into what I call "The Blender" First time Durge heads through the black Suns are dead and Blizz/Mira/Cody are crippled. Next round or same depending on the enemy's timing of tactics either Durge or Grievous finishes them off. And Grievous putting the hurt on the commandos will go through their shields 75% (I know because I've actually played against a RC team including these cats wth a wheelbike team and won. Their shields look strong on paper but in reality it only works 50% of the time and Grievous would do anything from 10-30 damage on all of them.) Combine Grievous for sure damage with Banes potential damage again typically 60-70% will get through and those Commandos HP won't last long. Especially when due to the map layout gambit ensures they never get their extra attack off before Cody is dead. I have won a similar match up and am confident that the strafers would rule in this environment. But what are your thoughts?
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:50:49 PM

I think it probably comes down to map. I'd take something like Command Deck. My squad has a ton of door control. I think my key to winning would be to take out Todo (Sev has accurate and twin) and win on door control on a map with doors.

I do think I can track down Durge with my activation advantage, Coordinated Movement and cannon shots, but that I'll have some major problems with Grievous' Damage Reduction since I only deal in 20s.

I would just spread my Klats out and keep them out of the way if I didn't need them for doors.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 1:21:55 PM

Tomb of the Acolytes is not on the Restricted list.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:33:39 PM

Shadows because the shields and kolto pack mean that it is quite difficult to kill a commando. The coordinated movement means that the commandos can keep up with the speed of Durge and Greivous and can even play some door games if needed to buy a turn or so.
juice man
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 4:37:33 AM

Shadows - door control (don't forget Todo too), out activate, shields. Depending on map could really go either way. But edge to Elite Commandos.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 8:54:23 AM

Shadows
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:11:33 AM

It makes my head hurt trying to decide... I don't have much experience with either type of squad. I'll vote for Command of the Galaxy. That's some beefy strafing power, three passes from a crowd-control piece should take down any shielded Commando.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:45:46 AM

Shadows.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:53:03 AM

Command of the Galaxy.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:03:21 PM

Shadows wins a close one.