Round 3: Clone Wars vs Jedi Academy Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:07:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Set vs Set tournament

The Clone Wars + Starter Set + Clone Wars Battles - jak
vs
Jedi Academy - CorellianComedian

Post your squads and explain why you will win. Everyone else - vote publicly for who you think will win. I'll track votes in this top post. (I reserve the right to exclude votes based on suspected sock puppet accounts.)

If anyone plans to play this match, please post that you plan to. Others may want to wait to see a play report before voting.

If both players agree to play this out instead of having the community vote, then the vote will be ignored and the results of that match will stand.

Voting ends December 19, 2015, 3:00pm EST (New York time).
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:49:08 PM
Groups: Member

JA
Grand Master Luke 115
Kol 38
Leia-Jedi Knight 25
Felucian x3 21

vs

GGDAC 57
Lancer 30
Chameleon 25
Super COmmander 18
IG-86 x2 32
Gha 12
Sniper x2 18
Rocket Battle Droid 5
Battle Droid 3

on Rhen Var

Round 1 goes to Jedi Academy on Rhen Var which is JA's map. Not sure what Jak's map is so I want to play his before posting an actual vote.

Clone Wars eliminated the entire JA squad with the exception of Luke, and Luke was at 50HP remaining. Lancer was able to strafe around Luke putting 40 on Leia, 60 total on Kol, killing a Felucian. Knowing that Luke needed to take Damage, Lancer finally joined the pile-on against Luke and got 20 through but Luke made the Djem So saves. Final Score was

250-154 With CW getting 7 rounds of gambit, JA 5. A little less luck on saves from Luke might send this one the other direction so I need a map from Jak to test it out.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:42:52 PM

my map would be Rancor Pen. That way doors won't matter.

Luke and his 5 sad allies, would be slain as fast as my first 2 round opponents.

should last 3 rounds
if he hides, maybe 5

yea! CLANKERS ROOL!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 7:45:19 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/165379/the-return-of-the-grand-master
--The Return of the Grand Master--
115 Grand Master Luke Skywalker
38 Kol Skywalker
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
21 Felucian x3

(199pts. 6 activations)

I must say, having watched Clone Wars stomp the competition up to this point, I am quite intimidated. However, I am not going to give up yet ThumpUp

When playing on Rancor Pen, I believe that would mean I automatically get to choose side, since it's CW's map, right? If so, I can start on the left and have Leia be in protected Gambit. The only piece that can beat me there is the Lancer, but throwing that out ahead of the rest of the squad is a bad idea.

The Snipers are only at +13 (or 17 with combined fire), which is still pretty low odds for hitting Luke. Luke will also have Grievous for breakfast, should he come to the fight. Until Leia goes down, Luke has a 75% chance of hitting back twice whenever the Lancer hits him. The IG-86s are of course nasty, but with the right positioning on either map as long as Leia is alive Luke should be good to go. Kol is a weak point, since he can only do 30 on the move and has no defense against most of the squad. However, it's going to take a pretty intrepid Lancer to take him down. The Felucians also have a 65% chance of surviving any given strafing run.

So basically, since I choose sides first, I setup on the left and get to protected gambit. We can both have gambit all day long, but in protected gambit he has to come to me, and as long as he's not, Luke is building up FP. 5 of my 6 squad members are amazingly well-suited to survive against his only deep strike threat, and two members of my squad could each take down his only beatstick like a lightsaber through warm butter.

And of course, my saving argument; Luke is a ton to chew through. Everything in the squad is going to struggle against Luke one way or another. I have to play more defensively on Rancor pit, but I still have an advantage in having protected gambit.

On my own map (Rhen Var), gambit is enclosed, and thus all the more reason the droids have to come to ME if they want to get me out of gambit.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 1:29:08 PM

JA unless there's more data to sway things the other way.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 3:30:55 PM

Jedi Academy.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 11:24:05 PM

I have to go with JA. on Rancor pen as he said, he can get to gambit first rd (just like Lancer can) and it is protected gambit and even with a won init, the Lancer can't kill any of the main pieces (meaning Leia or Kol), so it then becomes a standoff with JA winning on highest closest to center. If CW comes around the corner it is almost certain death (especially if you let Luke build up any FP) and the fact he has LS Defense and MOTF plus Leia rerolls, it means it will be very difficult to get shots through on him. On Rhen Var this is even worse.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 6:18:24 AM

115 pts. on one character means you will be facing him. Don't think CW can handle Luke.

JA.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:04:36 PM

JA wins, 6-1.