RegisterDonateLogin

We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rebels instead of Jerec/Imps Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 8:44:59 PM
Groups: Member

I may be running an Imp squad, and it's mostly a Weir squad so far, but I've got 30pts left. Should I run Jerec out for close support or go with 3 Bothan Saboteurs and 2 Uggies?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 8:53:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

What door control do you have so far? You already have Commandos if you have Weir, right? They have Satchel Charge. More door control seems unnecessary.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 8:56:59 PM

You will post the squad, right? It sounds awesome.
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:42:03 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
You will post the squad, right? It sounds awesome.

+1
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:17:49 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
What door control do you have so far? You already have Commandos if you have Weir, right? They have Satchel Charge. More door control seems unnecessary.

Yes the Storm Commando's have the Satchel Charges, I was thinking that with the Bothan Saboteurs more along the lines of Stealth, Proximity mines and cost. The Staelth keeps them in line with Nyna.

@ others. Its in my squads under, duh, "My Imp Squad." Just playing with ideas
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:36:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You don't need the Czerka - Weir gives them Twin.

You could just go with 2 more Storm Commandos and then a Rodian Assassin to fit in an Accurate Shooter.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:39:04 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
You don't need the Czerka - Weir gives them Twin.

Duhh! That's what I get for making squads at midnight! Cool! 13 more points!
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:38:35 PM

.... so, I thought I was going to be on the Imp team, instead I've got Rebels.

I'm running a few Commando's, but I always like to run one reasonably powerful beatstick and I'd rather keep it under 45 pts. Recommendations?
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:50:14 PM

rebel commando s and you want a decent beatstick under 45? luke rebel commando comes to mind, for 28 points you get GMA double attacker with djem so and cunning built in and a great movement breaker in his levitation FP! maybe not the beefiest jedi around, but you could certainly do worse.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 2:52:18 PM

gholli69 wrote:
rebel commando s and you want a decent beatstick under 45? luke rebel commando comes to mind, for 28 points you get GMA double attacker with djem so and cunning built in and a great movement breaker in his levitation FP! maybe not the beefiest jedi around, but you could certainly do worse.

See, I Still don't see what's the big deal about him; He does lots of little things (Levitate can be handy,) but he can't really take on a bigger stick and he doesn't have much ranged power. Am I missing something here?
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 3:44:39 PM

No, he won't stand in there very long against a mace windu or darth bane, but he does give you a melee interference piece with a chance to hit back with djem so. If you are playing rebel commandos, I would think you would include Gen. Crix Madine in your squad to give out cunning +20 to all the commandos which luke would get and though it doesn't stack with his own cunning, he can still run up and hit someone for 40 dam. twice due to having GMA double. 80 damage on the move and then levitate someone else into position for a kill shot isn't too shabby. He does have to be played a little bit carefully as he doesnt have a great defense, but for 27 points he is a great addition to a commando squad especially!
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:39:02 PM

Luke HoE is the best Rebel beatstick in the range you specified. But it's hard to go past Luke Rebel Commando in a commando squad. You might be better going with Jarael as melee interference (you can throw in an Ithorian Commander to get her damage up) - she can at least Parry and keep the opponent off your shooters.

Luke Rebel Commando is amazing, but he's not quite a beatstick. But levitation is amazing.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:47:44 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Luke HoE is the best Rebel beatstick in the range you specified. But it's hard to go past Luke Rebel Commando in a commando squad. You might be better going with Jarael as melee interference (you can throw in an Ithorian Commander to get her damage up) - she can at least Parry and keep the opponent off your shooters.

Luke Rebel Commando is amazing, but he's not quite a beatstick. But levitation is amazing.

As a matter of fact, Jarael & the Ithorian are where I am today; our "themed" fight is Rebs vs Imps and I'm thinking they'll run SS with a stick backup; I'm also thinking a need for speed to flush them out or if I go elsewhere like Luke/Hoth Push them somehow.
gholli69
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 5:47:58 AM

If you are running rebel commandos and want a piece with speed that can help flush out super stealth characters as well, you might consider luke and leia on speeder as they count as comandos, and can pull off a big top of round cunning +20 strafe run. They also have force sense to take away the enemys superstealth and let you target them from distance!!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 7:37:35 AM

gholli69 wrote:
If you are running rebel commandos and want a piece with speed that can help flush out super stealth characters as well, you might consider luke and leia on speeder as they count as comandos, and can pull off a big top of round cunning +20 strafe run. They also have force sense to take away the enemys superstealth and let you target them from distance!!

The Luke/Leia piece is a little expensive but it Did remind me about Force Sense. I had the "Sense" that taking away Stealth didn't really count as it being taken away, more about it being retained but suppressed.