Civil War: Imperial vs Republic, Chit Chat Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 2:29:45 PM
Groups: Member

Exactly what the title says
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 3:12:45 PM

So, first of all, I am really excited for this! Thank you so much for heading this up, Spryguy! You are awesome! I hope to be involved!

But I have a question: Some of the heroes for the Imperials and Republic are the same character... What happens if an Imperial player is allocated Emperor Palpatine (for example) and his opponent is allocated Chancellor Palpatine? Or what happens if those characters are even used in two different battles during the same round for that matter?

(And was this the right thread to post this question on...?)
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 3:48:46 PM

I don't forsee it being much of an issue, it could be a "clone" of that individual. Example in the first campaign which was Rebel vs Imperial you had Ani-Spirit and Vader which are similar. Same in Republic vs Separatists Darth Sidious and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine etc. So the connundrums will exist, but I figure it's just part of the campaign.
jak
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:27:13 PM

I think Mas, should be available for any/all squads.
otherwise, NOT having him would be a huge disadvantage.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:34:29 PM

As Roberto Durán II said "No Más". I'd rather see no Mas then a Mas in every squad. Don't see a problem with Mas as is, he'll just be a target to really go for.
jak
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:42:00 PM

the Republic has the advantage in 12 areas, that I think are important.

# of characters possessing
SA/CE EMPIRE REPUBLIC
override 1 2
satchel charge 3 4
accurate
shot 2 9
commanders 66 80
GMA 0 11
triple att. 10 12
twin 15 20
force users 56 106
LS def. 7 13
force renewal 7 13
LS assault 4 12
unique 75 141

all these combine to give the Republic a huge advantage.

I think by altering some rules and limiting character we can make it a better match-up than the last oneThumbDown
jak
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:46:56 PM

juice man wrote:
As Roberto Durán II said "No Más". I'd rather see no Mas then a Mas in every squad. Don't see a problem with Mas as is, he'll just be a target to really go for.

we need to know how many range 6 CE each faction has, vs boardwide CE
Before we make that decision.

when was the time Mas died in battle?
keeping him alive, is job number 1
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:12:00 PM

I don't think the override factor would be too major of an issue here as the Security Stormtrooper is a good reinforcments option as well as you can have more than 1 in a squad.

I also don't see the unique differential being as big as one might think. Most of those Republic uniques will never see play, and the ones that do will have a central role in their squad types so their defeat would be catastrophic.

I'm not against thinking of ways to balance it out though, that's for sure. Not sure exactly what we could do though. Republic had a lot of stuff going for it before in the Sep campaign and managed to lose.

I would rather see no Mas than every squad with access to Mas, but I think the cap for mice should be raised to 2 if not 3.

One could possibly allow the same unique to be allocated twice but specific to Player A gets Thrawn, Player B gets Grand Admiral Thrawn. Player C gets Vaders 1-5, D 6-10 etc. We could also choose a few Fringe uniques or even Sep uniques to be added to the Imperial side. I do think Republic should get Roan Lands, I5YQ, and Laranth but even then Imperial could get several.

Open to more suggestions.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:23:00 PM

Republic versus Rebels boom. I love the idea of the rebels being the bad guys.
juice man
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 7:17:11 PM

jak wrote:
juice man wrote:
when was the time Mas died in battle?
keeping him alive, is job number 1
Killing him would also be job number 1. Should be interesting.
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 7:17:50 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:

One could possibly allow the same unique to be allocated twice but specific to Player A gets Thrawn, Player B gets Grand Admiral Thrawn. Player C gets Vaders 1-5, D 6-10 etc. We could also choose a few Fringe uniques or even Sep uniques to be added to the Imperial side. I do think Republic should get Roan Lands, I5YQ, and Laranth but even then Imperial could get several.

Open to more suggestions.

I personally am not a fan of the idea of allocating the same unique character to more than one player for several reasons... One of which would be: that doing so could result in the Imperials getting their Uniques killed off at a much faster rate...

An alternative that CorellianComedian suggested (I think it was him) would be to have some designated restricted pieces that could be allocated to more than one player.

Or another idea that was brought up would be starting the Imperials out with some of the fringe reserves already on their side. Like giving them all the bounty hunters to counter the large numbers of Republic heroes.

I do kind of like the idea of giving the Imperials some of the Separatist Uniques...

Those are just my thoughts... Feel free to ignore them. BigGrin
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 7:24:08 PM

Or another option for making the sides more even would be to add the AT-AT Imperial Walker to the Unrestricted list.Woot LOL
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:08:15 PM

Lafcadio wrote:
Or another option for making the sides more even would be to add the AT-AT Imperial Walker to the Unrestricted list.Woot LOL

No. Mellow
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:32:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think the war needs more of a story behind it. What is the year? What happened in the Republic v Separatists war?

The story would help answer the questions about what to do with Anakin/Vader and Palpatine/Emperor.

One thing that could be done to even things out (if the thought is that Republic has the advantage)... Empire gets all the Anakins. Once one unarmored Anakin/Vader is defeated (or an armored Vader is used voluntarily), then only use armored Vaders after that.

Proposed storyline...

On Mustafar, Anakin surrenders instead of leaping over Obi-Wan when he gets the high ground. Obi-Wan leaves Anakin stranded and leaves with Padme. Yoda still loses. The Jedi go into hiding, and while in hiding Sifo-Dyas (who had been hiding for years) makes contact with Yoda.

"I learned about Order 66, but because the Kaminoans dealt primarily with me I was able to override it. The clones stunned the Jedi instead of killing them. After stunning them, the clones hid the Jedi bodies and left them in stasis. I felt that Sidious would have sensed any bigger change to the plan. I also added Order 67. The clones will join us whenever we are ready. It's why I've been in hiding. Sidious would surely have sensed the deception in me if he knew I were still alive."

Yoda and Obi-Wan visit world after world, finding and reviving the Jedi that Palpatine thinks are dead. After a year of regrouping in the unknown regions, they are ready. The entire Senate is against them, though, which means basically the entire galaxy is against them. And within the year Palpatine has added Stormtroopers to his army of Clone Troopers.

In the first battle against the clones, Sifo-Dyas manages to activate Order 67 and within days, the entire Clone Army has relocated to the unknown regions to regroup. The Jedi are working with the clones again, against Sidious - the same enemy they fought during the Clone Wars. But now all the systems are on his side and he has stormtroopers instead of battle droids.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:44:48 PM

I think as long as we give the Imperials access to the bounty hunters (maybe even Fett/Cad from the start) as well as
Grievous as NK-Necrosis
Aurra Sing
Durge
Darth Maul
Savage Oppress
Dooku? (Though he could also be Republic with sifo-dyus
Talon Karrde could be a game changer and fit with Mara theme
Nym (for disruptive and tarkin synergy)

As well as potentially some Sith especially Sideous, maul, plaugeus
And changing up the unrestricted imperial list to balance more.
I think we should keep it simple and play it as we have with commanders being spread out as the imperials do have some good options and let's remembe the Seps actually beat the republic in that campaign. I say add in the bounty hunters and a few extra seps/Sith and call it game time. Also Mas can only be in one squad at any given time, and if he is killed...... Epic. Both sides have swap and I think that it will be a pretty good fight.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:34:11 AM

Excellent job supreme commanders in learning from the last campaign, making this one more balanced and making sure both factions compete, which will hopefully continue to be close to the end, keeping all of us interested throughout. May the Force be with us gentlemen!