RegisterDonateLogin

Will take you as its padawan learner.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bellevue Washington, Jedi Academy Midnight Release Options
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:30:12 AM
Groups: Member

It's a $30 buy in to the midnight release event. For that you get two boosters and have a chance at winning alot more. That event is completely independant of pre-order cases. You are not required to play in the event to get 30% off your case. The midnight event is just a huge amount of fun.

I try not to do too many sealed events, so players don't have to pay $30 to play too often. But the midnight release is always a sealed.

Slie
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:16:14 AM

So what is the point value, and is luke legal?

Cybit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 10:07:13 AM

Last I heard, it's going to be 110 or 114. It'll probably be announced at the tournament.

Glympse
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:16:56 AM

Sorry I couldn't stay around and play with you guys. I was fighting a nasty cold, and was doped up on medicine. But hope you all had a great time, and enjoyed the use of those awesome Vong minis... cause I saw a lot of you all incorporating them into your squads!

From the two packs I pulled the Exile and Leia, and probably would have thrown in a Battlemaster and Reborn to make a squad of them... but doubt it'd have held up all that well against some of the others you guys made.

See ya all next event!

- Steve the Vong Collaborator
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 7:23:06 PM

Tournament was 110 Points

Steven won 5-0

Silustrae got third 4-1

I recieved fourth 4-1

I started out with yoda, diciple of ragnos, antarian ranger and vong warrior
after first two rounds i switched to vong warriro diciple hk50, sith lord and mandolorian hunter... which were alot better
Lexx
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 5:11:27 AM

Great event guys. You guys have a wonderful community. I had a blast. My only regret was not getting to cut my baby bro.
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:49:30 AM

Nightwalker wrote:
after first two rounds i switched to vong warriro diciple hk50, sith lord and mandolorian hunter... which were alot better

Umm...you guys do know that for a DCI Sealed event, you can't switch your squads mid tournament? It's a mistake I've seen other places make as well.

The 110 point limit is interesting for sure. Did anybody pull Luke and was upset that they couldn't use him? Were most people able to use both of the Uniques they pulled? There's lots of other combos that you wouldn't even be able to use (say, Plagueis and Sidious) with a cap of 110. Makes sense though if you were trying to make sure that GMLS didn't dominate things. So far, I think at 150 or 120, I don't think Luke would be that dominant anyways, but there's nothing wrong with being extra careful about it. :)
danielmcdougall
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 9:05:47 AM

somehow I missed that Silustrae got third. CONGRATS!!

@LoboStele the 110 point total worked out great. There was s olid variety of stuff being run. Having to keep a low point total encouraged a lot of the medium characters to be run. It was fun.
Omnus
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 11:56:02 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

Umm...you guys do know that for a DCI Sealed event, you can't switch your squads mid tournament? It's a mistake I've seen other places make as well.

The 110 point limit is interesting for sure. Did anybody pull Luke and was upset that they couldn't use him? Were most people able to use both of the Uniques they pulled? There's lots of other combos that you wouldn't even be able to use (say, Plagueis and Sidious) with a cap of 110. Makes sense though if you were trying to make sure that GMLS didn't dominate things. So far, I think at 150 or 120, I don't think Luke would be that dominant anyways, but there's nothing wrong with being extra careful about it. :)

Usually we don't allow swaps but the T.O. said it was in dci rules when he was working on them with Dean. Might be a change or maybe he misread...not sure.

Anyway, we all thought that people would complain about pulling luke and not playing him but really with Luke out of the picture this event was about 90% about the commons and uncommons. Some exiles played well but it was mostly Vong Warriors, Ossus Gaurdians, Jedi Battlemasters, Hk-50's, Disciples of Ragnos, Antarian Rangers, Death watch raiders, Crimson nova bounty hunters, sith lords and sith apprentices that were winning games. Every player who pulled Luke had the option to exhancge the entire pack for an unopened pack (either that they would purchase, take from their case or borrow from someone with a case) and no one did. Everyone had key uncommons they used anyway. I think Kol and Exile were the only rares that were costed as well as the uncommons for this format assuming Luke gets cut out. I thought naga and yoda would play well bu they mostly fell to the all uncommons squads.

All in all, at 110 points almost everyone had the ability to make a great squad and it really came down to who played better and used the best combination of pieces. Few games lost on bad rolls but that can't be avoided. 25 players and even the people with 0 wins had blasted good squads.

We gave out 17 boosters at this event. 3 to first, all the 4-1's got 2 boosters and all the 3-2's got 1 booster.
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:22:25 PM

how many kols were pulled? i didnt see any