RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Which Lobot is better? Options
Maul-Ordo
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 10:56:00 AM
Groups: Member

Hey gang. Just wanna hear some thoughts and opinions. I'm starting a collection for a beginner player and was gonna throw in a Lobot as part of the collection. I wasn't sure which Lobot to give the person, the Universe one or the IE. I'd love to hear some feedback on which of the two is more preferred. Thanks!
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 11:05:50 AM

27 point Lobot gives you squad customisation and is one of the strongest pieces in the game.

15 point Lobot is kind of gimmicky. He can be fun in a reserves squad, but he's very swingy depending on whether you roll an 11 for init.
Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 11:52:50 AM

So…
Lobot (UH) vs Lobot Computer Liaison Officer (IE)
Cost:27. /15
Hp: 20. /30
Def:11 /12
Attk:0. /0
Dam:0. /0

For stats Liason wins, 10extra hp and +1 defence before any buffs.
However i'd argue this is no real advantage since neither will typically be seeing any direct fighting unless they're the last guy left alive on your team. Both are 0/0 for damage and attack so no difference.

For special abilities both have the following:
Unique
Cyborg
Override

The big differences for them are the following.
Lobot (UH) has fringe reinforcements 20, while Lobot Computer Lisaion (IE) has Fringe /Reserves/ 30 plus Recon

This is where it gets /very/ subjective. Fringe Reserves 30 is nice, really nice, and with Recon you get two chances to hit the initiative roll you need for them. However… they are /not/ garunteed they are subject to chance. You may roll 11 five times in one game. (Which would give you an un-godly number of activations). Or you may not roll it once. Reinforcemts 20 while less in value are, /garunteed/ you will always get your 20 points worth of guys no matter what. Now both allow you to bring in whatever you want allowing some degree of counter building. I also would argue that taking lobot computer for recon is an awful idea as there are far better choices often in faction as well ( mostly thinking Imperial and Republic here), but i digress.

In my opinon, the original lobot (UH) would be the better choice to give them as his reinforcements are garunteed cutting down another chance factor in a game already loaded with them. He costs more but at the same time he is just a lot safer pick. This by no means is meant to make Computer liason look useless (ive had good success with him, but im generally pretty darn lucky with rolls so its highly subjective). I just think overall original lobot is better, especially for a new player which you said this decision was geared toward.

Just my two cents/analysis,
Cassus