RegisterDonateLogin

One milk, two milk, red milk, Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NW Ohio Regional 2016 Options
jak
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 1:44:30 PM
Groups: Member

what was the 3rd place squad?
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 2:09:07 PM

Tim and his Luke and Leia on Speeder, Keeper of the Whills, K3P0 swap squad.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 6:44:11 PM

Here is my report for this one

I decided to play Darth Os Yoda and Friends squad

Kybuck, Panaka, Tarpals, Blizz, Momaw, Dr E, Clone with flamethrower, MAs, R7, R2, fodder

Rd 1 against Bryan and his Sith
We both made some mistakes as we were both learning our squads. Bryan's squad could't handle the direct damage I had and I just kept throwing stuff at his guy 1-0 3pts

Rd 2 against Lillian and her Mon Mothma, Luke and Leia on speeder nastiness.
She made a great move in rd 2 killing Kybuck as I hadn't really realized how much damge the speeder could do. She made a mistake which let me then finish off the speeder, which sealed the game right there. If she does it different it makes it much more difficult for me to win. I end up with about 165 pts when time is called
2-0 5 pts

Rd 3 vs Tim and his Luke and Leia on speeder
In about round 3 or so, Tim won init with a huge choice. He has his speeder with 40 left that he could rescue. If he does that, then I get to go crazy with Yobuck. Or he can do a bunch of damage with his ERC on Yobuck to try and keep him in check. He makes the correct play (we think as we discuss it afterward), does a bunch of damage to yobuck and then his speeder dies after the flame trooper hits it and it fails the blizz missiles roll (with the fprr). That changes the whole game, and I work on finishing some more of his guys off before time gets called.
3-0 7 pts

Rd 4 Vs Shawn and his Dooku, Cad Bane BH, Aurra Sing squad
This game was a blood bath as our game took about 20 minutes and almost everything was dead. I had Dr E, Panaka and some fodder left.
4-0 10 pts

Rd 5 vs Joe and his Vong Monstrosity
This game basically came down to the fact Joe couldn't roll for anything. He rolled probably 5 1s for attack and numerous other very low numbers. I just kept swapping in different damage dealers to whittle his guys down and eventually finished him off just as time was called
5-0 13 pts
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:33:31 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
Rd 5 vs Joe and his Vong Monstrosity
This game basically came down to the fact Joe couldn't roll for anything. He rolled probably 5 1s for attack and numerous other very low numbers. I just kept swapping in different damage dealers to whittle his guys down and eventually finished him off just as time was called
5-0 13 pts
The whole tourney was like this for meCrying . Won two games (vs. Bryan really close 87 to 83 or so) used Blast Bugs in only those two games. Shawn had low acts so my BB hurt and even my rolls hit a few times out of 10 tries per round.

Dr. E with Tarples...(head smack)Scared
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:39:56 AM

urbanjedi wrote:

Rd 3 vs Tim and his Luke and Leia on speeder
In about round 3 or so, Tim won init with a huge choice. He has his speeder with 40 left that he could rescue. If he does that, then I get to go crazy with Yobuck. Or he can do a bunch of damage with his ERC on Yobuck to try and keep him in check. He makes the correct play (we think as we discuss it afterward), does a bunch of damage to yobuck and then his speeder dies after the flame trooper hits it and it fails the blizz missiles roll (with the fprr). That changes the whole game, and I work on finishing some more of his guys off before time gets called.
3-0 7 pts

BTW - my squad:

--Siblings' Speeder Swoop Swap--
55 Luke and Leia on Speeder
27 Lobot
20 K-3PO
16 Elite Rebel Commando
16 General Crix Madine
15 Keeper of the Whills
14 General Rieekan
10 Dark Hellion Marauder on Swoop Bike
9 General Dodonna
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Rodian Brute
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 15 activations)

I go deep and strafe his command crew and the end of round 1, and killed Panaka and tarpals beginning of second round, and Evazan shortly after that - so I thought I had a decent shot. Yodabuck is always a force to be reconded with. Since I went into his backfield killing commanders early with my speeder, he decided to follow suit with Yodabuck in my backfield.

Upon reflection, I'm not sure going with the ERC first in round 3 was the right choice. Sure taking 60 off Yodabuck and getting him very low on HP cetainly hampered him, but he never even ended up dying. Had I gone with the twins on speeder, I would have (mosy likely) killed the flametrooper, R7 and R2, and put a minimum of 30 on Blizz, leaving essentially only with a half dead Yodabuck, mowmaw and blizz. I had pulled Lobot into the second room of the bunker and protected him with 30+hp guys blocking the door. Yodabuck would have then been locked in the bunker for at least a few rounds. No override or ways to blow doors would have left Jason in a bad position. Sure - he'd kill the command crew and the ERC, but not Lobot, and therefore the speeder should be able to wipe out Momaw and Blizz before dealing with Yodabuck. Then it could be an easy lock into gambit while taking potshots on Yodabuck. As it turned out - Yodabuck was left standing with 10hp. Had I been able to finish off Yodabuck it still would have been a very close game, even after losing the twins.

Ah well, hindsight.

My Twins on speeder had 50hp left, with only the flametrooper and Blizz anywhere near. I knew if I didn't go first I'd take 20 from the flametrooper (thank goodness we nerfed them before they came out much cheaper!), and risk 30 from blizz's missiles. I thought with a save and a FPRR I'd be ok. I was wrong.

I took the 75% chance my favor gamble, and lost. Can't fault that too much.

Anyway - Great squad Darth O, well played Jason.

PS - complete side note, that doesn't matter in the least - but did you hit 200? I thought you ended with like 165 or something