RegisterDonateLogin

I do not want the Emperor's prize damaged. We will test it on Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Wat is going on? Options
Vankovich
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:21:13 AM
Groups: Member

I have a sep squad with 43 Wat Tambor, Techno Union Foreman as my lead, now I can't find many sep squads with him, which confuses me. Statistically your likely to roll a 5, 10, 15 or 20 at any point in each game for int, and that's pretty great considering its droid reserves 30. He has droid mark, meaning he is pretty hard to hit when next to a tanky droid, and he has a fair amount of health. I just want some peoples opinions on why he isn't in more squads.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:34:49 AM

1) Reserves count for victory points, unlike Reinforcements. So everything you bring in is just more potential targets to help your opponent reach the victory point total.

2) Reserves aren't guaranteed. Even a character with immediate droid reserves can struggle rolling the number, and when the squad relies on a specific die result, it's too much of a risk in a serious match.

3) He is very squishy. And at 43 points, he's worth almost 1/4 your squad's points, making it easy for your opponent to concentrate on the rest of the squad, leaving him easy pickings, or to just take him out for the fat point reward.
chainparalysis
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:35:42 AM

It's really quite difficult to base any reinforcements, so that's a start, and even if you get it only once, he's not great for a figurative 23 points. He definitely has some uses in some squads, just very specific.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:01:49 PM

Plus MTB nerfs reinforcements, although San hill does help

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:23:19 PM

I went 3-1 in a championship tournament in Canada with amazing rolls (had Clobot and San for the 1-11 as well) but than horribly lost the final with rolling four times a round and getting nothing for 6 rounds. It is potentially the strongest but you need Qui-Gon dice skills
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 9:52:45 PM

TheHutts wrote:

This might be a topic for another thread, but does the MTB still get around? I haven't seen any new squads use him for quite a while.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:00:40 AM

It probably has lost some lustre - losing two point pieces stems its power a bit. You'd normally see it as Lobot reserves though
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:42:47 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

This might be a topic for another thread, but does the MTB still get around? I haven't seen any new squads use him for quite a while.

Lily_Wan used him in the NW Ohio regional. She used the MTB to kill Bothans to give +10 damage to her squad (used Mon Mothma) Then had a defel pirate to kill the MTB when she no longer needed it. I have been trying that combo (MTB with the defel pirate) with Shmi Skywalker to instantly give AniSTAP Sith Rage and MotF2 or Vader of Lothal Sith Rage. Pretty useful
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:13:36 AM

Wat is probably pretty decent with the viper droid, right? Repair and droid mark go really nicely with molecular shielding.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:39:55 PM

Naarkon wrote:
Wat is probably pretty decent with the viper droid, right? Repair and droid mark go really nicely with molecular shielding.

It was a popular combo back in the day with RotS Wat, who would be the better choice as he could bring in a bodyguard droid to soak up the damage without costing you victory points. However, the Viper Droid has long since peaked as there's many ways to get around Molecular Shielding now.