RegisterDonateLogin

Your kind of scum.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

So Twin Suns eh? (SPOILERS) Star wars Rebels Options
donnyrides
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:48:26 PM
Groups: Member

This episode ended one of my favorite star wars characters. Poor Maul got screwed. We all know he had to die before rebels ended since he's nowhere to be found after this time period, but having him go out Kit Fisto style is not cool. He struggled and struggled to find OWK and once he found him, he got off 2 swings and then died to a basic overhead slash. Why? After all he did for Star Wars, he didn't deserve an epic ending??

Mauls fighting history:
Qui-Gon - Draw
Qui-Gon - Killed him
Obi-wan - lost his legs
Obi-wan/Ventress - Clone wars with Savage - won, but OWK and Ventress gets away
Savage - clone wars - kicks his ass
Obi-wan/Adi Gallia - Clone wars with savage - ties and lost his power over the pirates and had to flee
Pre Vizsla - Clone Wars - Killed him to become leader of Death Watch
Duchess Satine - Not a fight, but kills her in front of OWK because he's hard core.
Darth Sid - Clone wars - Held his own until Sid got all Force Crazy....Maul lost
7th Sister - Rebels - Kills her with LS throw
5th brother - Rebels - Kills him
Kanan/Ahsoka - Blinded Kanan but then lost...The show is called rebels....
possed Kanan - Knew he couldn't win so he ran.
Obi-wan - Dies with almost no fight or reason to die so easily.

I'm sure there are a lot that I have missed, but these are the ones I know of other than the fan fiction movie.

I wish they would have had an epic battle. He has almost defeated Obi-Wan so many times then dies in one swing from the old man version. Come on! Weak Sauce!!

Well Darth Maul, RIP buddy. Star Wars used you for your cool look and double bladed LS. They ever brought you back to life with weird back from the dead methods and went threw all of the trouble to bring you to power in Death Watch, and unified multiple crime gangs and almost turned Ezra to the dark side and then tossed you aside A Game of Thrones style.

But one thing is for sure. You are the most accurately created Mini of all time. You kick ass against mid-level to pretty tough enemies, but you just aren't strong enough to kill really powerful enemies. Just like in minis...

RIP Maul, we'll keep fighting with you against the jedi in Minis.
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:15:46 PM

But at the same time, Maul is not the same Maul that he was. This is a shell of Maul that is visibly affected by Kenobi talking to him. Also this is Kenobi with a very real purpose. Protecting the New Hope, years and years of sacrifice.

Also, did they just call Luke the Chosen One?
donnyrides
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:21:04 PM

I could have sworn they did call him that. Sorry Anakin, you lost your title.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:52:02 AM

what killed Maul was his overconfidence. If you notice in the duel, Obi wan originally was in his fighting stance he used in the clone wars, but he switches it to the stance Qui Gon did in Episode 1 prior to Qui Gon getting killed. Pay attention to Maul in this scene. His eyes tell everything. His look changes as he realizes that Obi Wan is using the same stance Qui Gon did before Maul had killed him. He changes his stance to set up for the same move that killed Qui Gon. In the few swings he did, he does the exact same move that killed Qui Gon. But this time Obi Wan with his years of experience knew that Maul was going to attempt to knock him in the head with his hilt, and prevented it and delivered the killing shot. Quite a powerful duel! it reminded me of scenes from old samurai films. The battle was played out in their minds before they even moved and Obi Wans calm and collected demeanor and resolve won in the end and he was able to defeat Maul. Maul was overconfident in thinking he could kill Obi Wan the same way he killed Qui Gon. At first I was a little shocked to see how short the duel was, but after seeing it again and realizing what was in fact going on, it actually is quite good. Not all battles need to be long and drawn out. the emotion and stakes are just as important as the choreography of a fight scene.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 5:25:25 AM

Producer's Thoughts

I don't know, he can say what he wants, but doing Maul like that sucks.
crazybirdman
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 6:18:30 AM

That's nothing, go read that Shadow Hunter book where he keeps getting pwned by a human, his droid, and a Padawan.
SithBot
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 7:08:38 AM

I think it sucks that this was done to Maul, at the same it is just as awesome what he did with Obi-Wan.

Since Obi-Wan is one of my favorite characters of all time. He is very responsible for Anakin's inability to overcome worldly things and maybe was too young to take on Anakin as an apprentice. The transcendence of Obi-Wan was wonderful to behold on screen.
Cassus fett
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 7:31:52 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Producer's Thoughts

I don't know, he can say what he wants, but doing Maul like that sucks.

I heartily disagree. Maul's death was honestly beautiful.