1. saber

2. GG

3. Alex
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 2:07:14 PM
Groups: Member

1st Spry, solid KOTOR piece and simply built
2nd Juice, bold Vong move and I think a better representation
3rd Jen'ari, really hard to choose between this and the other collosal beasts. But I like the slow plodding Godzilla feel here

Honourable goes to Alex as I really like this piece but I'm not sure if Bendu qualifies as non-sentient but killer job everyone!
saber1
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 2:58:36 PM

Creatures

Another stellar week of customs! I had such a rough time narrowing it down to the top 5, let alone selecting a winner. This was a lot of fun. Here are a few quick thoughts...

Gor - General Greivous: large, heavy-hitting, no frills Sep beast. Looks fun and open for tons of synergy

Tukata - spryguy1981: cheapish Sith beastie, fairly simple, straightforward, there are some fun commander effect synergies available

Boga - SithBot: Nice to see Mount this week, though I hope we have a week dedicated to that ability in the near future. Abilities all look good. Cooperation is a bit worrisome.

Gorog - Kamikaze13: Just a big, nasty critter. Basically a biological AT-AT with a very bad attitude. Easy to hit, slow to die. Good selection of offensive capabilities. Glad to see a piece that isn't necessarily meant to be competitive in the tourney scene but still scary to face. 500 point squads are where this big boy will see play. Fun scenarios are likely as well.

Fyrnock - donnyrides: A good low cost piece. Fringe and Savage offer a couple of squad building routes. Fragile but decent damage potential for only 9 points.

The Bendu - AlexTheGreat: This one doesn't appear to meet this week's criteria, but I'm only going off of Wookieepedia so I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt. First, this guy is crazy strong. Crazy defensive abilities. Crazy Force battery. One word: Crazy! A very unusual piece. I like it.

Zillo Beast - jen'ari: A bloody big beast. Fills a similar role to the Gorog by Kamikaze13. Resilient bugger who packs a big punch. Some nice tricks.

Yuuzhan Vong Fire Breather - juice man: Fiery fury. Good staying power with Thick Hide, Flight and Defensive Aerosols. Offensively it is a one-trick pony as the name portends.

Womp Rat - Lafcadio: A fun, cheap little bugger. One task and that is to die, take one for the team. Imaginative ability from a throwaway line from A New Hope.

Krayt Dragon - >Jase<: Another creature based on the AT-AT archetype. Looks fun and accurate. Cheap enough that it *might* be used @200 but not likely competitive. Cool abilities.

Pateesa - jak: I dig Rancors and this one is pretty good. Chomp is great and Blood Hunger makes sense.

Such a tough decision but I finally whittled it down to ...

THIRD: Kamikaze13's Gorog is a fun and creative behemoth. This should provide a ton of scenario fun.
SECOND: SithBot's Boga is simple and very useful. I can see this immediately enter the tourney scene.
FIRST: Lafcadio's Womp Rat is too quirky to pass up. I love the ability to kill them off to provide a useful boost. Great reflection of Luke's line in ANH.

saber1
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 8:53:11 PM

The stated deadline to submit votes has passed and there are still several participants who have not voted. Should we push the deadline back a few hours going forward? Also, should we call this week or wait a bit longer for votes?
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:57:11 AM

Rules are rules. Voting is over.
Saber 3 2 3 = 8
Sithbot 2 2 = 4
Jase 1 2 2 = 5
spry 3 3 = 6
alex 1 1 1 = 3
GG 3 2 = 5
Kam 3 1 = 4
jak 1 = 1
juice 2 = 2
Jen'ari 1 = 1
Laf 3 = 3
Donny 0 = 0 Crying ...again

I think I've lost the touch guys...It would seem my less is more approach is not a crowd pleaser.

anyway, Congrats to Saber1 with 8 points looks to be this weeks winner. ThumbsUp BlooMilk
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:13:19 AM

Sorry, was sick last two days. Not doing much except sleeping, eating and sleeping.Crying
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:20:22 AM

Get well soon Juice. here, take this to stay hydrated BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:29:17 AM

Congrats Saber! And Donny yours was really great too just had a lot going on for being a cheaper piece but there was so many good options. You bring an awesome angle to the contests so keep at it!
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:34:08 AM

Thanks everyone! And I agree with GG. Things will swing back your way, donnyrides. And juice, Godspeed on the recovery.

Guess I better come up with this week's theme.