RegisterDonateLogin

Re-released with special features.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

melee reach 2 adjacent enemy question Options
darthbinks1
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 10:38:56 PM
Groups: Member

Can I melee reach 2 over one of my own adjacent allies to attack an enemy 2 squares away?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:22:58 AM

Yes. When you use Melee Reach, all enemies within the range would be adjacent and thus legal targets. The position of allied characters would not affect that.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:03:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Enemy position also doesn't change it. You can reach over one enemy to attack another. Which is fun if they're not expecting it.
darthbinks1
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:03:49 AM

Thanks. Just to clarify, If an T1-lifter droid is 2 squares away from Master Kota with melee reach 2 does Master Kota provoke an AoO if Kota moves away for the enemy or 1 space closer?
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:23:21 AM

darthbinks1 wrote:
Thanks. Just to clarify, If an T1-lifter droid is 2 squares away from Master Kota with melee reach 2 does Master Kota provoke an AoO if Kota moves away for the enemy or 1 space closer?

No. Melee Reach is only in effect on T-1's turn, so it doesn't work for attacks of opportunity.
darthbinks1
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:06:34 AM

thanks.
Gizmotronx
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 8:27:17 AM

Can I follow up on this? Corran Horn Jedi Master (MR 2 and Jedi reflexes) is two squares directly across from Sidious. Two different scenarios. Sidious uses a force power (dark assault,) can CR cancel it with Force Absorb? I suspect not, and the only doubt I have, is MR def. specifies, (for all purposes)
Other scenario, Thrawn moves into a different space within MR 2. Does this provoke and AoO?
Third, if Luke is diagonally adjacent to Sidious and CR, can sidious attack CR or target him with a FP?

What confuses this ability the most for me is the glossary def. "This character can be affected by enemy special abilities or Force powers that specify adjacent characters and interrupt this attack, such as Self-Destruct" If he is affected by other things not 'on his turn' then why some and not others.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:13:50 AM

It still only triggers on his turn. If he killed an enemy with self-destruct on his turn, with his attack, that enemy is still considered adjacent up to 2 squares away and the self-destruct would affect him.

So the answer to your Sidious questions, if I'm understanding them properly, is no, because those actions are not occurring on his turn. MR2 also does not affect range for AOOs.

I don't understand what you're asking with the Luke question. MR2 affects the range in which he can attack on his turn (and certain other things that can trigger during that phase). It typically doesn't affect other people's ability to attack him.
Gizmotronx
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:52:04 AM

I think I got it, thanks