RegisterDonateLogin

Has taught you well.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Until the End of the Skirmish - Camaraderie, Specialization, etc. Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:10:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The effects of Camaraderie last until the end of the skirmish.

What about Specialization? What about Clan Leader? Are there any other abilities that grant benefits that last until the end of the skirmish?
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:15:38 AM
Groups: Member

Force Bond?
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:12:10 PM

Bump!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:39:46 PM

As a general principle, if an SA says the a character "gains" something without another qualifier (like a range requirement), the effect lasts until the end of the skirmish.

The precedent was set in WotC days with Black Sun, I believe.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:35:51 PM

Sith Weapon [Force 1, replaces turn: Adjacent allies with Melee Attack and without a lightsaber get +10 Damage until the end of the skirmish]
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:41:27 PM

Complicated subject, because of card text (and equally so, glossary, ie Black Sun) precedents. In most cases, effects end when the granting character is defeated, unless otherwise stated on card or in glossary (Black Sun again, or Sith Weapon as a good crad text example).

Force Bond and Specialization will need to be reviewed. At this point, there are so many abilities and stat cards that it is difficult to avoid collisions with similar wordings, or stupidly long definitions as the alternative.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 9:50:09 AM

Bump plus question....

What happens if a character loses camaraderie during the game?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 9:56:02 AM

Camaraderie benefit lasts until the end of the skirmish, even if the character with Camaraderie is defeated.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:15:38 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Camaraderie benefit lasts until the end of the skirmish, even if the character with Camaraderie is defeated.

but what if they are swapped out due to a commander effect or a different special ability like.... versatility.
gholli69
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:43:56 AM

Versatility happens at the start of the skirmish, so the new character would either qualify for the bonus on its own or not I would think, however, I could see a situation maybe where something like vehicle could come into play where you swap out for something after the piece that grants comraderie is already defeated?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:48:47 AM

han solo rebel general

if he uses versatility does he lose giving out camaraderie if he keeps something else? or since they have already gained it do they keep it?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:54:22 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

but what if they are swapped out due to a commander effect or a different special ability like.... versatility.

I'm going to say that you don't get a Camaraderie bonus if you swap out via Versatility. This is based on this guide:
http://swmgamers.com/SWM/Rules/PreGame.html

While never officially sanctioned (I've tried), it is consistent with all rulings as far as I know. And Dave hasn't actually objected to anything in it. In step 9b, Versatility removes characters. In step 9c, Camaraderie grants abilities. Note that a new version of this is in the works, taking into account the most recent sets. There haven't been any new rulings, but the step numbers might change, so a few weeks or months or years from now those step numbers might not be accurate.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 10:59:01 AM

Well lets get that sanctioned.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 11:28:15 AM

Camaraderie:: [If this character is in the same squad, the stated character or characters gain the listed Special Ability or Special Abilities and other effects (if any) for the rest of the skirmish.]

If the Camaraderie character is in your squad beneficiaries gain the listed abilities until the end of the skirmish.
Beneficiaries keep the gained abilities even after the Camaraderie character is defeated or swapped out.

As long as the Camaraderie character is in your squad the stated characters will gain the listed SA anytime they are brought into your squad. For instance, if my Cade Skywalker, BH rolled a 1 and Betrayed to your Kreia and you had Wolf Sazen, JM. My Cade would join your squad and gain Backlash and gets +4 to save rolls until the end of the skirmish.

Characters brought into your squad after the Camaraderie character is defeated or removed will not gain the listed SA.

DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 11:39:51 AM

Where does it say Camaraderie triggers after setup or grant abilities in step 9c?!

Glossary entry for Camaraderie says "If this character is in the same squad . . ."

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 12:27:27 PM

*shrug*
I tried to reconcile everything. That's what I came up with. If it's wrong I'll correct it. Until then, that's what I would go with.

I think that timing had something to do with Imperial Mouse Droids. Not sure. It was a long time ago.
gholli69
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 1:00:41 PM

Yeah, I hadn't considered the character granting comraderie getting swapped out with versatility, but I wouldn't think that comraderie would apply if they were swapped with versatility during setup. Mab the wording needs to be amended on comraderie to say something like, at the start of the skirmish if your squad contains x then they gain y for the rest of the skirmish.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 6:20:40 PM

I know that if you have Han General (camaraderie and versatility), you don't get both.

I asked and tried to abuse this around the time set 4 came out and was told by Scott (I believe) that it didn't work and had something to do with the unique rule (when I take the guy out because of versatility he was never really in the squad because otherwise I couldn't bring in a different version) so therefore couldn't have given out camaraderie or something like that.

Similar to if you run a squad with Thrawn and Daala and Paleaon, if you replace Thrawn with someone cheaper than Daala, then you will have prideful. I always tried to build a squad that could be a hybrid but it never really worked out very well.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 6:56:03 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
I know that if you have Han General (camaraderie and versatility), you don't get both.

I asked and tried to abuse this around the time set 4 came out and was told by Scott (I believe) that it didn't work and had something to do with the unique rule (when I take the guy out because of versatility he was never really in the squad because otherwise I couldn't bring in a different version) so therefore couldn't have given out camaraderie or something like that.

Similar to if you run a squad with Thrawn and Daala and Paleaon, if you replace Thrawn with someone cheaper than Daala, then you will have prideful. I always tried to build a squad that could be a hybrid but it never really worked out very well.

So I guess I saw that ruling and that's why I put the timing the way I did.

But what about Vehicle? (Is there even character with both Vehicle and Camaraderie?) If you replace mid-game do you lose Camaraderie? I would guess you keep the Camaraderie benefit.