RegisterDonateLogin

You could use a good kiss.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A mattter of timing... Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:02:21 PM
Groups: Member

When are commander effects and special abilities "checked" to see if you meet the requirements for those benefits?

for instance camaraderie compared to versatility, vehicles, talon karde's commander effect (what happens if I gain a character that is not fringe) What about specialization what if I have 2 ughnaughts but I kill one with a tactics broker or something?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 8:45:31 PM
Groups: Member

You'd run a check every time you'd need to utilize the ability or CE. And for the ones that are basically continuously on, it'll be a continuous check and turn off immediately when the requirements are no longer met (or on when they are).

For examples:

A character is eligible for Lando, HoT's CE, granting it Mobile Attack. The player would make the check to see if the character was within range of Lando when they would be using Mobile Attack. They would not be able to, for instance, move out of range, then Mobile back in, but they could use Mobile Attack to move outside of the range.

Talon Karrde, IB is an example of a continuous check. As soon as an ineligible character joins the squad, the requirements of the CE are no longer met, and the CE becomes inactive.